Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is it time to move on.................?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by NJ_evoIXgsr
Not rich enough for a R35, need 4 doors so no Supra or RX7, want something a bit more modern.
Maybe sell or trade in your Evo and get a Focus RS.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my experience, Audi repairs are not cheap. And keeping maintenance costs in mind, I do appreciate the relative simplicity of the evo (vs. the "modern" euros)
Old Oct 5, 2015, 02:05 PM

BMW owners are jerkoffs and I don't like that crowd. I rather stay away from it.
we aren't ALL jerkoffs lol
Old Oct 6, 2015, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Fix it, keep it, pay it off, save the monthly payment for a future car, get the luxury car you want as a DD and still have the EVO as your weekend car. These CT9As will be worth something. I have had mine since 2005. Bought it with 14 miles and never looked back and have contemplated on trading it in. Vehicles that came along and the EVO stayed was Mustang, Chevy Canyon and currently in possession of a 11 Camaro SS. That gets paid off soon and no more cars for a while!!!
Old Oct 7, 2015, 02:52 PM

Personally Ive been through an evo 8 and now an evo 9 , no issues or anything just simply bored , I plan on moving to an M3 something more luxury with a sporty feel, so it depends on you , if you re not bored of the evo then def an evo X if you are then def the audi
Old Oct 8, 2015, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blackoutVIII
Fix it, keep it, pay it off, save the monthly payment for a future car, get the luxury car you want as a DD and still have the EVO as your weekend car. These CT9As will be worth something. I have had mine since 2005. Bought it with 14 miles and never looked back and have contemplated on trading it in. Vehicles that came along and the EVO stayed was Mustang, Chevy Canyon and currently in possession of a 11 Camaro SS. That gets paid off soon and no more cars for a while!!!
I agree with this. You really only have maintenance to do. Nothing too serious. Pay it off and put some money aside for a few months for a new comfy car. If you want German, I advise you to lease. This way you have a new DD and a toy car when you want it.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

^good advise.

Just for an update. I am keeping the evo and purchasing a new odyssey for daily, 3 kids.

Knowing me, I will just purchase another evo. I'll go with fix, maintain and mod.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
^good advise.

Just for an update. I am keeping the evo and purchasing a new odyssey for daily, 3 kids.

Knowing me, I will just purchase another evo. I'll go with fix, maintain and mod.
Glad you keeping the evo.

Not a minivan!! hehe jk

Unless its this one!
http://bisimoto.com/2014/portfolio/honda-odyssey-2/

My next car will be a family car...probably a small suv tho

zeRep
Old Oct 9, 2015, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

Once you get into the minivan, you'll know what your missing! The space is AMAZING and just simple to just drive around. Convenience with kids and moving in general is huge.