Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 9 Rough idle/stall P0011

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2015, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evo 9 Rough idle/stall P0011

I have a rough idle and stall condition I believe to be related to the P0011 code I have for over advanced intake mivec cam (the rough and stall is a symptom of this code.) I've had this code since before my engine was rebuilt. It has 300 miles on rebuilt engine. The head and intake cam gear were cleaned out upon rebuild, so the oil passages are not clogged. The cams are brand new gsc s2, not clogged. I tested the mivec solenoid and it clicks over upon being energized and it's ohms are in spec (8 ohms) from pin to pin. I replaced the oil feed line with a brand new one, brand new conical filter, brand new check valve banjo bolt, and brand new check crush washers. The old banjo bolt was missing the check valve portion, so I thought this may have been the problem. I reset the codes and it came back and still idles poorly and stalls. I'm babying the car since it's on break in so I may not notice the loss of mivec since I'm not even hitting boost at the moment. The cam gear isn't making any strange noises. I have come to the conclusion that this problem is in the tune or the mivec cam locked in place from missing the check valve. If it's locked, how do I unlock it or even know if it's locked? Ideas? Help? Please?

P. S I have a tuning session scheduled for December 16th at boostin performance since they have no earlier appointments available.