Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Call me old

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call me old

So I'm here to vent. Well just a bit irked. So I'm a 40 year old guy look like I'm in my 20s. I have a stock 06 MR and tonight on my way to work there was a kid looked to be in his early 20s driving a evo x, following close and as we made the turn he speeds up and revs his engine. Really?

Why is there evo on evo hate? Can't we all just get along? Lol.

What was funny was he got stuck and traffic and at the next stop light made a u turn. Argh! Lol
Old Feb 2, 2016, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
evo on evo crime isn't common unless its all fun. Since he's driving an evo x, must be really new to the scene and just doesn't get it. I exchange deuces all the time with other 8/9 owners, but a lot of X owners just don't get it
Old Feb 2, 2016, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by evo.matt
evo on evo crime isn't common unless its all fun. Since he's driving an evo x, must be really new to the scene and just doesn't get it. I exchange deuces all the time with other 8/9 owners, but a lot of X owners just don't get it
^^ this is true with me also. most x owners i have come across have given me an angry look when i toss deuces. lol
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
When I was 40 I thought I looked 25 too so I find that alot of X owners are usually younger and have the more modern means faster attitude, like I'll teach that old Evo 9 piece of junk a lesson.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

evo

I feel you brah, I'm 50 and have always looked young for my age. Now coworkers are acting like I'm too old to be driving the evo. They don't realize that I've been driving and modifying import cars my whole life. Times have changed a lot. My recommendation is just enjoy driving your evo and forget about what other people think and say. Only thing that matters is you're driving the car you enjoy.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
^ Same thing here! I'm 58, bought my IX-MR brand new in 2006, and the newbies come up to me like their gonna' teach me something new, lol! Meanwhile, I've been in the scene since the early 80's. I still have my old school 1989 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R that I bought new. When they see that, they shut up and listen...It's all fun.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^^^ Same here-- Have been an import guy since the early 80's and always had one of the few that could run a little. Looking young, well that's in the eye of the beer holder! Kids are kids, let them be, you cant fix stupid!
Drive on.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 07:41 AM

I dunno, I'm 41 and I'll play with anything that pulls up that's worth playing with. I never saw it as hate, just car guys playing to see whose is faster.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 09:49 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by twintrbo
I dunno, I'm 41 and I'll play with anything that pulls up that's worth playing with. I never saw it as hate, just car guys playing to see whose is faster.
^^^About the same here. Heck, Im 52, & I think I look 52 w/grey goatee & all

Love to give & receive a wave or thumbs-up
Old Feb 3, 2016, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by twintrbo
Yep, some people have a great attitude about it and they're just excited to have fun. Others have weird ego issues and take it personal.

I've had some dudes very upset in Maseratis and that big whale looking Porsche turbo thing. While to my surprise, an older guy in a Bentley Continental GT was really excited, throwing thumbs up afterwards.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:47 AM

I have a 3000GT VR-4 and it puts down 390 whp so I usually don't bother unless its something like an Evo, Vette, GTR, Viper etc.... I utterly annihilated a Buick Grand National a few months ago, they just HATE it when you drive around them at 100 and there's nothing left to give. It was his fault, dont put a 3rd eye brake light that says U'd Lose unless you can back it up lol. Also, I'm one of those guys in a Maserati but that's not a highway racer, yeah its nice but its not exactly fast.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by evo.matt
I thought it was only me lol dudes look at me like I'm crazy
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:40 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Definitely a bit of a disconnect between X owners & the 4G63 group

Personally, would never own an X
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Uhhh ohhhh it's started.. X v the rest!!!
Old Feb 3, 2016, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Unfortunately, many casual carwatchers assume that since the X is newer than the IX, it has to be better - X owners included.

The local Evo IX owners' group tells me that Evos don't do that to Evos and that has proven true - I have been cut off and blown past by Xs, but never by fellow IXs.

Quick Reply: Call me old