Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Intake vacuum line not connected

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2016, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intake vacuum line not connected

Hi EvoM.

I have found a vacuum line which lets out a lot of when i do a boost leak test, its making a loud noise when i test it above 15psi.

The weird thing is that when i boost i can boost past 20psi easily, im tuned for 1.6 bar (23psi?)

Please see the attached picture and let me know if the vacuum line in the picture should be connected to anything, mine isnt connected hence the big boost leak. (the line i have inserted the arrow towards)

Best regards
Henrik
Old Aug 10, 2016, 05:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
From my guess is yes it need to be hooked up but what part of the motor is that having a hard time telling by the picture on my phone because the screen is broken but I can check my car when it gets light outside
Old Aug 10, 2016, 05:59 AM

Hey Evo_Goodness thanks a lot.

I have tried and plugged it and the car seemed to stall at certain times, but would be great to finally find out.

Best regards
Henrik
Old Aug 10, 2016, 06:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is that connected to EVAP solenoid? it could be connected charcoal canister, the thing where fumes from fuel tank comes and travel trough and then get sucked intake and in engine.

Like this
The following users liked this post:
henriklm (Aug 10, 2016)
Old Aug 10, 2016, 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

If I had to guess no look at the way it's barbed on the end there's supposed to be some sort of hose clamp on it there's no other reason it would have a flare on it like that but what it goes to I'm not 100% sure I won't be near my evo till later on today to take a peak at it.
Also the fact that it leaks air furring a boost test is a dead ringer that something needs to be on it
henriklm (Aug 10, 2016)
Old Aug 10, 2016, 09:34 PM

Hi Evo_Goodness

Thanks a lot, really appreciate it, cant wait to find out what its for, the car doesnt feel slow or anything but if i can plug it or connect it to what ever it needs to be connected too and gain some free power that would be awesome.

Let me know once you have had time to look at your car.

Best regars
Henrik
Old Aug 10, 2016, 11:14 PM
Evolving Member

Hey sorry man I was away from my evo all day by the time I got home I poked around but couldn't see anything it was to dark out I'll have the car tomorrow at work with me so I'll snoop around on my lunch and see what I find it has to hook to something most people do a boost leak test to 20psi and if your blowing out at 15psi then it goes to something
henriklm (Aug 13, 2016)
Old Aug 11, 2016, 02:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
I tried looking under my inlet mani with a mirror but its too hard to see. You really need the car lifted up on axle stands or on a hoist to see under there properly.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 02:16 AM
Evolving Member

cant delete...
Old Aug 11, 2016, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Are you sure that's the line that's disconnected? The one that usually blows off is the line connected to the diaphragm. In the picture above it's labeled with "PE3". You'll need to reach kind of far behind the throttle body to find it.
henriklm (Aug 13, 2016)
Old Aug 12, 2016, 01:32 AM
Evolving Member

Henriklm. There should be a thick hose going from that port to the square shape canister underneath your ABS unit near the firewall. It goes to the most forward port on this canister.
henriklm (Aug 13, 2016)
Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:30 PM

Hi Guys.

Thanks a lot for all your help, i have been looking under the abs unit to find 2 thick lines already connected to different things, one of them looks like its connected to the fuel rail?, the other one im not sure about.

Is it possible to plug the vacum line which isnt connected to anything and disable it in the ecu? earlier i tried to plug it but it seems its "sucking" in fuel/air when the engine gets hot and then tends to stall or hit very low rpm when i come to a stop.

I have already checked the other vacum line which tends to blow off when boosting a lot, that one is still connected and i cant see any other vacum lines which arent connected.

Best regards
Henrik