Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Looking for a IX 5-speed, help please & ty?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 05:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking for a IX 5-speed, help please & ty?

Hello everybody!!
You can call me Seldom.
I'm new to the Evo world but have been following them ever since i can remember.

My current cars lease is about to expire in November and im trying to get ahead of the game and look around for a clean Evo 9 with the SSL package but it's not a necessity.
I'm willing to spend up to 20k. All cash upfront.
Not much funds i know, but all im looking for is a close to stock as possible Evo, once again, if modded it's fine, i just care about if it's well maintained. I seldom care about the mileage, as long as it wont have a plethora of problems when i get in it and start driving and will last me quite a while.
I live in Arizona and am willing to travel 500 miles. If you have a car that is farther away that fits my description, i am willing have it shipped out even though i would REALLY not want that seeing as I won't have a a chance to look before i buy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR: I just want an Evo IX that won't end up costing me more than i bought it for and will last me quite a while to be used as a daily driver. SSL Package wanted, but not needed. Willing to travel or have shipped. All cash upfront.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks everyone! Let me know!
Old Aug 26, 2016, 08:18 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Due to your post count, not sure if you can see the for sale forum. Some of us have taken notice of this relatively stock beauty

Check it out if you can view this:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...l#post11656616
The following users liked this post:
SeldomSeenKid (Aug 26, 2016)
Old Aug 26, 2016, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Keep an eye on your local craigslist ads. Have cash in hand and be ready to pounce. Deals to do pop up from time to time.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Due to your post count, not sure if you can see the for sale forum. Some of us have taken notice of this relatively stock beauty

Check it out if you can view this:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...l#post11656616
I can see the for sale page, but can't post on it due to me not having been here for 15 days, and 15 posts
But thanks for the reply! I will keep my eyes on that car
MinusPrevious (Aug 26, 2016)
Old Aug 26, 2016, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by nemsin
Keep an eye on your local craigslist ads. Have cash in hand and be ready to pounce. Deals to do pop up from time to time.
Unfortunately I wont have the cash until November but maybe i might get lucky! Ive bookmarked about 10 pages on this site with some good deals. Hopefully noone gets to them before Nov lol
Old Aug 26, 2016, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Welcome to the forums. It's tricky because the Evo you're describing is basically the one that EVERYONE wants, if they are in the market for one. It's a seller's market for Evo VIII's and IX's, since there are so few on the market.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
Welcome to the forums. It's tricky because the Evo you're describing is basically the one that EVERYONE wants, if they are in the market for one. It's a seller's market for Evo VIII's and IX's, since there are so few on the market.
Yea, i see the same posting like everywhere haha
But I got be proactive a keep searching and eventually i might find the one im looking for!
Im trying to stay optimistic.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
For sure. I'm not saying don't try... just understand that it only gets more and more difficult to find the one you want. So something's gotta give at some point, whether you settle on something a little different from what you want or pony up more money.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 04:47 PM

I might honestly just up my spending price a bit. An extra few thousand dollars for a better working car seems to be the better route imo.

I feel like its a bad idea to be cheap with an Evo, especially since how hard people drive them. The more mileage, the worse?