Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Weird leak coming from exhaust hangar

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird leak coming from exhaust hangar

So recently I installed a new fuel pump and after finishing the install, I just messed up and didn't have the high pressure line connected in all the way and when I was driving the car, It popped off and I had a pretty big fuel leak coming from under the car. I reconnected it and heard a satisfying click so I knew it was connected properly. I ran the car and checked for leaks coming out of the line and drove it around for a little and everything looks good, no fuel leaks. But I saw a little leak coming from the hangar that created a little mess under the car. I'm assuming there is a crack right their in the hangar weld but I'm not too sure. The source of the water starts from end point of the hangar because above it is completely dry.It has a weird smell to it but it certainly isn't fuel. Not a familiar smell to me. Thanks in advance for the help.
Attached Thumbnails Weird leak coming from exhaust hangar-img_1347.jpg   Weird leak coming from exhaust hangar-img_1346.png  

Last edited by EmreEldelek; Jan 3, 2017 at 06:50 PM.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts
Sir, every car, produces condensation in the exhaust, either there is a drip hole or there is rot around your hanger.

No matter wat, the fluid should be normal and only water.