Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

SD setup

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SD setup

First, I would like to note I did minimal research on it as it was not in the cards but it was a very quick change due to issues during install.

The car is currently my daily and will remain so for the next year. I will be purchasing a Jaguar F Pace when the time comes.

Now to move on, I had a 71HTA installed with FP intake 84mm pipe. It was intended to install with MAF and Perrin filter. With UICP going stock route they could not fit the current Perrin filter with MAF. Fluid resovoir, forget which one but it was in the way.

I was suggested and going SD. Cost for tune + IAT sensor would be an extra $150.

For $150 I have seen the pros and smoother graphs from SD before so I said F it and quickly OKd.

My main issue now is I just purchased the FP intake pipe and would like to use it. Anyone know what filter or best way to install on the FP intake pipe or is installing it on silicone not advised?

I am using the ix dv so I would keep it recirc for now. Decide which bov fits best and go from there. My main concern is running in current conditions in Jersey without a filter and I don't run an undertray.

Thank you
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Could the shop have just trimmed the fp intake (assuming silicone) for everything to fit? Not sure why you wouldn't just use a hard pipe at that point with your choice of filter and the associated reducers you may need.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can go that route as well once I get my car back and verify what size my Perrin inlet is but I'd prefer a new filter as the Perrin filter has seen better days.

I prefer to not drop an additional $200~ after an unexpected extra $150.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that intake and filter with MAF should fit no issues with stock UICP