Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anyone care to give me an opinion?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't mind the black honestly. If I'm able to get the car I'd probably get black or white rims which would look good imo with the black bottom. I tried to get him down to $16k but he said $18k is as low as he could go due to the market for these vehicles which that I can understand. I mean an Evo X with 9k miles completely stock is going for $1,000 under new pricing. I appreciate all your input. It's definitely helped out. He also told me any inspection or compression tests or anything else I want he'll have done.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by wvguy3
I don't mind the black honestly. If I'm able to get the car I'd probably get black or white rims which would look good imo with the black bottom. I tried to get him down to $16k but he said $18k is as low as he could go due to the market for these vehicles which that I can understand. I mean an Evo X with 9k miles completely stock is going for $1,000 under new pricing. I appreciate all your input. It's definitely helped out. He also told me any inspection or compression tests or anything else I want he'll have done.
18k for a an evo 9 with 130k is a terrible deal. I know the market for the older evos are up there, but do not pay that.

You can find a clean 9 with 80-90k miles for a good 20k. I know the market differs from state to state, but generally you'll be able to find one.

People want an arm and a leg for the 9's lol. There is a 9 MR for sale with rust on the quarter panels listed for $25k lol.

I would just look a little longer if you are really set on a 9
Old Jun 21, 2017, 02:07 PM

I haven't been approved for my loan yet so it's no telling how much longer I have to wait. It's been over 2 weeks now so I'm guessing they're gonna say no so i guess I'll save more cash and keep looking. I want one as close to stock as possible and this one other than the black, air filter and a head unit is stock. I found one in Montana for like $16k with 113k miles but it's blue and no pics or info at all. Do you have any sites that I could look at? Carsforsale and carguru are the main places I go.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 02:21 PM

I haven't been approved for my loan yet so it's no telling how much longer I have to wait. It's been over 2 weeks now so I'm guessing they're gonna say no so i guess I'll save more cash and keep looking. I want one as close to stock as possible and this one other than the black, air filter and a head unit is stock. I found one in Montana for like $16k with 113k miles but it's blue and no pics or info at all. Do you have any sites that I could look at? Carsforsale and carguru are the main places I go.
I'm not sure what your budget is and or what car you are set on. There is a lot of good priced 8's out there.

Craigslist is a my first option and there is a Evo classified Facebook group which is great too.

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/6171036986.html

That's a good example of a clean good priced 8 that isn't that heavily modified or that far from WV
Old Jun 21, 2017, 02:26 PM

I'm looking for an 8 or 9 although 9 would take priority, less than $20k and red, black, white are the colors in that order I'm looking for. Do you happen to know the name of the Facebook group? I'd love to get in it and browse and I'll check craigslist as well. Thanks for the help.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 02:29 PM

I'm looking for an 8 or 9 although 9 would take priority, less than $20k and red, black, white are the colors in that order I'm looking for. Do you happen to know the name of the Facebook group? I'd love to get in it and browse and I'll check craigslist as well. Thanks for the help.
https://www.facebook. com/ groups/ evoclassifieds/
Old Jun 21, 2017, 03:42 PM

Thanks man.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Imo, none of the cars you have linked are a good deal. Do some more research on the Evo 8/9/10, and various models (i.e., RS/GSR/SE/MR). Go test drive a few different cars. Then make an informed decision on which is right for you.

Evo 9's are selling for a premium these days, so your money will go further on an 8 or 10.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 04:51 PM

I can live with an 8 that's for sure. I'm looking on Craigslist and that fb page now for one actually.