Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Hood vent needs some paint

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2018, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hood vent needs some paint

Hey guys looking at respraying the mesh on the hood vent and in the bumper. Is a standard auto spray paint ok for this? I'm worried about the paints getting too hot, especially on the hood vent.

Last edited by BirthdayCat; Nov 17, 2018 at 08:58 PM. Reason: I hit post too soon.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 12:30 AM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
I recently powder-coated mine
Old Nov 18, 2018, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I haven’t done the hood mesh, but I’ve hit the front with a high temp BBQ paint a couple of times. I wouldn’t think twice to use it on the hood as I think it’s good for 500 degrees. And it dries flat black and fairly quick.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 05:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by APEXR
I haven’t done the hood mesh, but I’ve hit the front with a high temp BBQ paint a couple of times. I wouldn’t think twice to use it on the hood as I think it’s good for 500 degrees. And it dries flat black and fairly quick.
I've done the same thing on my front bumper mesh and hood vent. Both are holding up fine. For a few bucks more you could get the high temp engine stuff in a variety of colors if that's what you're looking for.