Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

BOV location with FP intake

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2018, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
BOV location with FP intake

Hey guys. Curious as to what your BOV setup looks like with the FP intake. I just installed the muse stock location UICP and the FP intake, which both say use the stock BOV location. I had to give in and order a 90* silicone elbow, because I dont see how I could make it fit without using one. What are you guys doing with yours? Had to hack it up to get it to fit around the radiator hose as well.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I can take some pics of mine tomorrow if you’d like, but in a nut shell I had to trim down the intake about 1” so the BOV wouldn’t hit the bottom side of the upper rad hose. Other than that, everything fits perfect now and I’m very happy with it. I’m also using a stock 9 BOV, stock 9 UICP, stock recirc hose
Old Dec 16, 2018, 05:49 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hope this helps

Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks guys, now it all makes sense. I bought the car with Injen Intake + intercooler piping combo, and it doesn't have a recirc hose at all! So when I went to install my muse UICP and intake I didnt realize I was missing a vital piece. Lol. Had no idea that there was an OEM recirc hose, or aftermarket ones I bought a 90* silicone hose and made one myself.

Now, I'm just trying to get my oil return to stop leaking. Planning on taking it off tomorrow and hitting both sides of gasket with some red RTV. Any other tips for oil return to oil pan leak?