Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How to change 3rd brake light bulb on Evo 9?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to change 3rd brake light bulb on Evo 9?

I'm attempting to remove the 3rd brake light bulb so I know which size to buy. I got into my trunk but couldn't locate where the bulb is. I see a bundle of red and black wires but I don't think I'm able to pull it out easily. Does anyone have any ideas?

Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Hi, it should very easy, from the trunk you have to rotate the socket and then pull it downwards. You can then remove the bulb and go with that to buy a new one.

In my Evo I do not have that stange grey box with all that calbes... someone messed around there and installed something non standard... did you buy the car used?

Last edited by patric78; Dec 19, 2018 at 02:24 AM.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by patric78
Hi, it should very easy, from the trunk you have to rotate the socket and then pull it downwards. You can then remove the bulb and go with that to buy a new one.

In my Evo I do not have that stange grey box with all that calbes... someone messed around there and installed something non standard... did you buy the car used?
Yes, I'm the 3rd owner. I can tell you that the 3rd brake lights are LED. Is this standard in EVOs?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:08 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
The standard bulb no. (non LED) =Mitsubishi
MS820026