Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ACD Code 65 Only!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2014, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACD Code 65 Only!!

Hey guys, just want to do know if anyone here experience this.

I recently had pull Code 65 ABS open circuit on my OBD computer, the weird thing is I don't have 3 ACD lights on.

What I did already:

1. Changed FL, RR ABS sensor. As previous times had pulled fault codes.
2. Took out the rest of my ABS sensor and cleaned it.
3. Cleaned all ABS tone ring.
4. Changed ACD fluid and bleed the system (acd pump still running)

I did a search in the forum and it seems like I cant find the answer. People who had code 65 will had all 3 ACD lights on.

My question is will my ACD system still be working?
Any more ideas to fix this? I really don't want to play guessing game and keep throwing parts

Hope to get advise from you guys. Thanks =).
Old Apr 7, 2014, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Do you have a turbo timer with a plug n play wire harness?
Old Apr 7, 2014, 03:07 PM

Yes I do have Apexi turbo timer.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Okay, so I had the same issue except it did cause all three lights to come on occasionally. I had a turbo timer with the hks harness. It turns out the acd ecu uses the abs ecu in a way that when you start and stop the engine it is looking for a signal of 0.5 volts for a small duration of time (I think its like 10 seconds or so) and then the signal should drop from 0.5 volts to 0 volts. Some turbo timers mess with this function because the car is turned off but still receiving the 0.5 volt signal that should be 0 after ten seconds but its not because the car is still running. This triggers the three lights usually and the code 65 as well. Your pump will still work and the acd system is still fully functional (as long as the 3 lights don't come on) and this doesn't really hurt anything. My issue was causing the three lights to come on so I had to remove the turbo timer, but taking it out fixed the issue permanently. On a side note I have an apexi clear turbo timer and hks harness for sale for really cheap. Lol
Old Apr 7, 2014, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by jrainwater
Okay, so I had the same issue except it did cause all three lights to come on occasionally. I had a turbo timer with the hks harness. It turns out the acd ecu uses the abs ecu in a way that when you start and stop the engine it is looking for a signal of 0.5 volts for a small duration of time (I think its like 10 seconds or so) and then the signal should drop from 0.5 volts to 0 volts. Some turbo timers mess with this function because the car is turned off but still receiving the 0.5 volt signal that should be 0 after ten seconds but its not because the car is still running. This triggers the three lights usually and the code 65 as well. Your pump will still work and the acd system is still fully functional (as long as the 3 lights don't come on) and this doesn't really hurt anything. My issue was causing the three lights to come on so I had to remove the turbo timer, but taking it out fixed the issue permanently. On a side note I have an apexi clear turbo timer and hks harness for sale for really cheap. Lol
I see. Thanks for the pointers. I will go remove the turbo timer and check whether it still trigger code65 fault code. Didn't know turbo timers can cause such things to happen.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Me either at first. Make sure you reset the ecu afterwards to clear the code out (pull battery cable for a second). I tracked this down after a couple years of messing with it. You are benefiting from all my anxiety and trouble shooting lol. I never thought it would be the damn turbo timer but after I researched how the acd ecu works and what signals it receives I finally figured it out and sure enough removing the turbo timer AND the harness fixed it for good.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 09:21 AM

did this cure your problem? im having the same issue with and also have a apexi turbo timer installed

Thanks!