Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

ABS delete with ACD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2011, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS delete with ACD

Ok so what started the whole ABS delete is because the evo 9 swap im doing came with a harness without ABS but the funny thing is there's still 3 plugs for the ACD computer. Did the RS model come with ACD and no ABS? Im assuming if thats so then I have a RS harness. My question is... will the ACD still work using the ABS sensors or is there more to the RS w/ ACD models ?
Old Jan 9, 2011, 08:22 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
I can only help by confirming the 2006 RS EVO 9 came w/ ABS delete & does have the ACD
Old Jan 9, 2011, 11:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
to my knowledge, the abs sensors are the same from the rs and standard models for the use of the acd
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm glad this thread got started. I was Intrested in the abs delete but because of me having an 06 with the acd, even STM told me it would be an issue due to the speed sensors or the acd, it was something towards that nature. My real question would be, with having an 06 with acd, how can I eliminate the abs system successfully??? The only real thing I remembered was STM telling me I would have to switch to a non acd differential if that makes sense to anyone, please chime in guys.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by adam_79_2005
I'm glad this thread got started. I was Intrested in the abs delete but because of me having an 06 with the acd, even STM told me it would be an issue due to the speed sensors or the acd, it was something towards that nature. My real question would be, with having an 06 with acd, how can I eliminate the abs system successfully??? The only real thing I remembered was STM telling me I would have to switch to a non acd differential if that makes sense to anyone, please chime in guys.

The problem I see with this logic is how come the RS model's come with no ABS and ACD?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 12:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's what has me wanting to claw my eyes out, the 06 RS model has mivec just like my MR, the RS has acd just like my MR, so why the heck can't I do an abs delete??? Also when I removed my dash and saw the big white box in the middle I was wondering if the RS model has them aswell, I believe has something to do with the ac.?.?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

ABS is not common( I have never seen any) with RS models but ACD is
Old Jan 13, 2011, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Is ABS really necessary? Im having trouble with a wheel speed sensor, turning my ABS on and off. I thought about just deleting the system.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

May I ask why you are deleting ABS?

I think ABS would help on the street esp. in bad weather and perhaps on the track. I know some racers like Robispec said ABS is more of hindrance on the track and as long as you have the tires and good brake setup, you don't need it. But, that is talking HPDE, track use only.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by number 8
Is ABS really necessary? Im having trouble with a wheel speed sensor, turning my ABS on and off. I thought about just deleting the system.
I would suggest replacing the sensor as thats the easiest option. You can pick them up used for 50 a pop. I did this in a prior Evo. All sensors are the same (RS, GSR, MR). I would think that this may crossover into other mitsu's as well, but that would be a question for your dealer or JNZ, mitsubishiparts etc
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
If you have ABS and ACD you need to keep the wheel speed sensor and rewire the car but only if you remove the ABS.

Personal I have found ABS to be helpful at the track. It keeps me from putting flat spots on my tires and provides feedback when I’m braking too hard.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah i was just curious what peoples thoughts/experiences were without ABS. A new discounted sensor is around $300. Have to see whats out there used, but that could be problematic
Old Feb 4, 2011, 11:24 PM
Evolving Member

i had my rear pass abs sensor messed up and when i would drive i would get the antilock light on and also all 3 lights for the acd would turn on and stay solid. i got the sensor changed and its all perfect now so yes you would need the abs sensor plugged in
Old Feb 5, 2011, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I have an 05 RS, which is NO abs and has ACD. No MIVEC either .

I dont miss abs one bit. You just need to pay more attention in the rain/wet conditions. I live in cali so we dont have snow, but I would guess that ABS makes a huge difference out there. Either way if you are a track car, ditch it, if you are a daily driver and have your kids in your car keep it.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 11:37 PM

I was debating deleting abs along with acd @ same time, but after reading this tread I've decided to keep abs.but I'm still deleting acd.thanks for info!

Quick Reply: ABS delete with ACD