Considering selling my 2003 Evo - Page 2 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Considering selling my 2003 Evo

Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:24 PM

Good eye, yeah, that's the Rostra cruise control unit. Works great. You can see the two horns I added on either side of the radiator. Other than those two additions, UNMOLESTED! Hate to look dumb here (too late! ;-) but what's GLWS???

Last edited by D2003; Jan 12, 2019 at 12:54 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

I would suggest you keep it. You will not find any other car like the Evo. If seats are interfering with your health issues, buy and swap in different more comfortable seats.

When I got rid of my first Evo 9 , I had that feeling in the gut similar to breaking up with your first girlfriend. No other car felt the same and non were as super tight with the steering response as the Evo. Some where close but not the same. Plus I just love the exterior design is. I knew right away that I had to get another Evo. After owning the IX I learned how much I did not need or want ACD and MIVEC. I made sure my next Evo would not have either. So that is why I am back with an 2003 EVO 8 !

If you drove it in the Snow/road salt, now thats a different story. I would sell it to buy an Evo never driven in salt. But thats just me hating how quickly salt corrodes cars and made sure my current evo is a southern non salt state car.

If you still have to sell, just know you will always get less money trading in. But now you face different issues selling privately. Not many people have that kind of money to buy Evo’s cash and not many banks/credit unions out there will finance the car to private sales due to age of cars. (yes I know there are still some that do it, just saying not as many as before) I think it will sell for sure, just not as quickly as back in the day. Trading it in will get you less money but your getting rid of it much quicker. You have to decide how much time you want to spend selling it and if the extra money made selling private is worth the time lost.

Good Luck
Old Jan 13, 2019, 01:23 PM

So funny that you mention the gut feeling when you sold your 9. Although it's time for me to move on from it for a number of reasons, I've had this car 16 years. Longer than I've been with any woman. I am not ashamed to admit I will probably cry when I drive away with the replacement! I actually love the Recaro seats. I'm 6' tall, not crazy tall by any means. My ex had a Subaru Impreza where the bottom part of the front seats was so short, under my thighs, it felt like I was sitting on a 2x12!

Still wondering what "GLWS" means...
Old Jan 13, 2019, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by D2003 View Post
So funny that you mention the gut feeling when you sold your 9. Although it's time for me to move on from it for a number of reasons, I've had this car 16 years. Longer than I've been with any woman. I am not ashamed to admit I will probably cry when I drive away with the replacement! I actually love the Recaro seats. I'm 6' tall, not crazy tall by any means. My ex had a Subaru Impreza where the bottom part of the front seats was so short, under my thighs, it felt like I was sitting on a 2x12!

Still wondering what "GLWS" means...
I think GLWS means Good Luck With the Sale ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.