Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo idle problem

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo idle problem

Hey guys hows it going? I need a little bit of help with my 8. I'm having a weird idling problem for some time now but I'll explain. So to start off the car on a cold start won't keep the rpms high or anything. It just wants to die if I don't keep my foot on the gas. Took it to a shop and they were kinda dumb enough to move the throttle plate screw so it would stay around 1000 rpm. (I have a skunk 2 TB and I also have 272 cams.) When it warms up it's fine. If it's warm and I try to turn the ac on it wants to die badly and if I quickly turn the ac off it climbs all the way to 2k rpms, stay there for a few seconds before they slowly drop to like 1200 and stay there. I've been having this problem since my IAC died and I got a new one (not oem cause at the moment i couldn't find one.) So I installed it and it was kinda giving me the same problem. So I thought by moving the throttle plate it messed up the map for the iac. But I have no clue to what I should do or what it is. Can anything be done like calibrate the tps or something to get it to spec so it works correctly. Or do I have to get the map for the iac re done? I hate having to wait for the car to warm up to have to move it and also not running ac when it's for a long drive and it's hot outside.

Thanks in advanced.