Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

MAPerformance want's your input!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 02:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Fox_IX
I'd even be happy if we couldn't! ATP had a twin turbo Evo, but unfortunately the guys I talk to there can't give me any information on it.

Also, I recently ordered a new CSC and CMC from MAP. I originally found it on MitsubishiPartsWarehouse for cheaper so I called them up and they had no problem matching their price.
Even though I've had very minor order issues with MAP in the past, they've always been super ontop of making me happy with just a single phonecall! Only thing I would wish for from you guys is an expanded OEM parts section, JDM and EDM parts would be absolutely amazing as it's a pain in the *** to google translate Japanese sites.
I cannot appreciate your response enough...this is exactly what we are hoping to convey to our customers... we want to help and we want to participate in your builds!
The following users liked this post:
Fox_IX (Mar 25, 2019)
Old Mar 21, 2019, 02:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer
Hi Matt, after today, I spent over $8k since I started modding my evo in April 2017. You guys are experts in draining my wallet! Matt Lutton is the top at bleeding my wallet dry!
Keep up the good work guys! Evo community thanks you for providing so many parts at really competitive prices!
Matt Lutton will get you like that...hahahaha... he is good people though! Thanks for being a loyal customer and tell Lutton to get at you with some swag!
Old Mar 21, 2019, 02:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Brandoboosts
not so much a request as a compliment, every single time I have dealt with you guys at MAP I am always impressed. Cool dudes to talk to every time.
and to second ^^^^ very good at taking my money!!! keep it up!
You sound like a guy who could use some swag as well! Thanks so much for the compliments!
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Soooo about that dry sump kit...
Old Mar 22, 2019, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by heel2toe
Especially if there would be a way to have one and retain AC
Old Mar 22, 2019, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Magnus motorsports now offers a dry sump kit that will allow AC, check it out if youre interested!

That being said, honestly 99% of the folks who are after a dry sump will not have AC in their car.

I'd just like to see MAP bring back their dry sump kit; makes me wonder why it went away in the first place.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 03:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Redesign the small battery kit (move it a bit more towards the firewall) so that the stock airbox can be incorporated with short route intercooler piping.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Magnus motorsports now offers a dry sump kit that will allow AC, check it out if youre interested!

That being said, honestly 99% of the folks who are after a dry sump will not have AC in their car.

I'd just like to see MAP bring back their dry sump kit; makes me wonder why it went away in the first place.
Cool, I'll have to check. It has been a while since I looked. I could also just be reluctant in turning the car into a full race car, which is why I still have my ac and the interior.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 04:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 575 Likes on 431 Posts
I'd rather see a better wet sump pan than have them bring back the dry sump kit. I think lots of guys talk themselves into the dry sump stuff without realizing how fast you have to go to actually need one. Both the Professional Awesome and RS/365 teams set tons of lap records on chopped up stock pans. They didn't make the move to dry sumps until they went full crazy (tons of aero, sequentials, massive slicks). I think it would do more people more good to have a proper wet sump than reintroduce another dry sump for a platform that already has like 5 options.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 01:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Map has been one of my go to places when I fix my evo. Now, with the ct9a parts becoming harder to find, and even the aftermarket parts like denso, and bilstein becoming special order, it's even more imperative that map stays at the forefront for evo parts. Offer quality aftermarket parts that are affordable. It's a great service that you do for us evo 8 and 9 guys.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 04:03 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts

I'd dry sump my car, but I do occasionally drive it to meets. I'd like to not arrive with a sweat-soaked shirt.
😂
I also sometimes drive to and from events. I will never ditch the AC.

Originally Posted by ayoustin
I'd rather see a better wet sump pan than have them bring back the dry sump kit. I think lots of guys talk themselves into the dry sump stuff without realizing how fast you have to go to actually need one. Both the Professional Awesome and RS/365 teams set tons of lap records on chopped up stock pans. They didn't make the move to dry sumps until they went full crazy (tons of aero, sequentials, massive slicks). I think it would do more people more good to have a proper wet sump than reintroduce another dry sump for a platform that already has like 5 options.
I have a custom pan that has never left me needing more. I'msure everyone has that option ,though. I probably don't really need dry sump any more than a sequential trans...But I'd still like both. I'd probably do the DS before sequential ,though.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 04:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 575 Likes on 431 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj

I have a custom pan that has never left me needing more. I'msure everyone has that option ,though. I probably don't really need dry sump any more than a sequential trans...But I'd still like both. I'd probably do the DS before sequential ,though.
None of the current solutions solve the actual oil problem of 4Gs, which is that the oil can't return to the sump under right handers. The whole portion of the pan that isn't modified by Racefab and everyone else is what needs to be changed to fix this issue. Making the sump larger is a bandaid, and it works for most people, once you get into 40TW and below or slicks it's a different story.

Dry sumps are not necessary at all. Look at James Houghton's Integra, he took a handful of lap records last year and he's on track to crush them all again this year. He's arguably one of the fastest time attack cars in North America. He's on a wet sump, it's smartly designed so that oil is able to return to the center of the sump where the pickup is and it's got baffles and trap doors to keep it in the center once it gets there.

Old Mar 24, 2019, 08:17 PM
kaj

So far, my oil is staying at the pickup. So we'll just say it works for me.
If ,at some point, it doesn't maybe MAP will have a nice, complete dry sump setup ,since that's the only other option better than what I have now.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 09:22 AM
Former Sponsor

I would definitely like to try and get our old dry sump kit revised as there really aren't too many options out there right now for this platform, especially ones that retain AC. Which in my opinion is important for those like yourself who street drive their cars and don't keep a mop and bucket in the passenger seat 😂
Old Mar 25, 2019, 05:42 PM
kaj

A/C is also awesome when you are in staging, before the hot pit.
I made a cool shirt setup that I put together is a life saver. Best $175 I ever spent.

Last edited by kaj; Mar 26, 2019 at 12:41 PM.