Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

meeting with mitsu regional rep on weds.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2004, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
meeting with mitsu regional rep on weds.

well, my rear spoiler has some messed up spots on the clear coat on the carbo fiber and i took my car in to have it warranteed. the regional rep. () wants to personally see and inspect it on Weds. i think hes ganna be a ***** and deny me because i put up a huge fight when they denied my clutch warrantee at 4,000 miles. i need to know a few things before i go in there:

1. what is the name of the law that does not allow mmsa to deny a warrantee for .. say a body part or paint that is chipping because the car has an intake or exhaust?

2. well, i cant think of anything else let me know of anything im ganna need to ***** about.

p.s. he will not allow me to be near when he is inspecting the car. this is extremely fishy to me. im ganna lock my car up and make him look at it like that. i think he is avoiding me because he knows im ganna speak my mind. this guy is a real pain in the ***, and hes a crook. along with mmsa, and i want to make sure they at least pay for my trunk. any advise on what to say will be helpful.

Last edited by EVOnoir; Jul 12, 2004 at 08:45 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Um, if it is your vehicle you have every right under law to be there while he inspects it. A law enforcement officer cant "inspect" your car with out your consent and if you ask to be present they have to let you ( at least here in SC ) . I think he's trying to screw you .
Old Jul 12, 2004, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by BADEVO
Um, if it is your vehicle you have every right under law to be there while he inspects it. A law enforcement officer cant "inspect" your car with out your consent and if you ask to be present they have to let you ( at least here in SC ) . I think he's trying to screw you .
thats what im thinking, should i alert my lawyer? he really screwed me badly, and insulted my intelligence about a year ago.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

I'd have your lawyer come with you.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

magnus-moss act.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

magnusON-moss act
Old Jul 12, 2004, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by BADEVO
I'd have your lawyer come with you.

ooo video tape it too!
Old Jul 12, 2004, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Delta00
ooo video tape it too!
yeah and post it right here lol!!!
Old Jul 12, 2004, 06:50 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EVOnoir
well, my rear spoiler has some messed up spots on the clear coat on the carbo fiber and i took my car in to have it warranteed. the regional rep. (Luan Lewellin) wants to personally see and inspect it on Weds. i think hes ganna be a ***** and deny me because i put up a huge fight when they denied my clutch warrantee at 4,000 miles. i need to know a few things before i go in there:

1. what is the name of the law that does not allow mmsa to deny a warrantee for .. say a body part or paint that is chipping because the car has an intake or exhaust?

2. well, i cant think of anything else let me know of anything im ganna need to ***** about.

p.s. he will not allow me to be near when he is inspecting the car. this is extremely fishy to me. im ganna lock my car up and make him look at it like that. i think he is avoiding me because he knows im ganna speak my mind. this guy is a real pain in the ***, and hes a crook. along with mmsa, and i want to make sure they at least pay for my trunk. any advise on what to say will be helpful.
I am quite sure that there is a TSB by Mitsu concerning this.I'll stop by my local mitsu dealer and get a copy for you(they are good friends with me as I fix half there cars for them when they cant).I have personally seen this tsb and you wont find it on the NHSTA web site(or what ever the site is called).I'll post it tomorrow as I have to go down there tommorrow to get my Recall GVW sticker anyway.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOnoir
well, my rear spoiler has some messed up spots on the clear coat on the carbo fiber and i took my car in to have it warranteed. the regional rep. (Luan Lewellin) wants to personally see and inspect it on Weds. i think hes ganna be a ***** and deny me because i put up a huge fight when they denied my clutch warrantee at 4,000 miles. i need to know a few things before i go in there:

I have the same messed up spot on my rear spoiler. Let me know how it turns out. And good luck!
Old Jul 12, 2004, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by turboDan
I am quite sure that there is a TSB by Mitsu concerning this.I'll stop by my local mitsu dealer and get a copy for you(they are good friends with me as I fix half there cars for them when they cant).I have personally seen this tsb and you wont find it on the NHSTA web site(or what ever the site is called).I'll post it tomorrow as I have to go down there tommorrow to get my Recall GVW sticker anyway.
what is "TSB"??
Old Jul 12, 2004, 07:18 PM
Account Disabled

TSB=Technical Service Bulletin
Old Jul 12, 2004, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
it is is against the law for the inspector to demand that he inspect while your not there. you should tell him that, bring your lawyer with you. who knows wat the f*ck he will do while your not there. under all companies are crooks who want to save their company some money and the crooks get huge bonus check from their boss at christmas.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
http://www.mitsubishisucks.com/cars/...ncer/2003.html

search for TSB No: 0351003
Summary: carbon fiber spoiler appearance characteristics.

Scary how many TSB's there are already...
Old Jul 12, 2004, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want to hear what one of these loosers have to say abotu running the stock configured clutch that was designed for a vehicle with ACD and 10% less weight in the front and 10% more in the rear... In my view the cehicle is a very fine tuned car, and altering it in any way alters a variety of things. Example look how precise the sterring responce and suspention is, you can feel everything, and hear the tires gripping when comming to a stop. In my eyes putting this clutch in a vehicle with a 60/40 weight ratio and with a set 50/50 center diff adds excess load to the clutch. It being a synthetic fiber disc to aid in smoother engagement as well as the whole slipping drivetrain to help in smoother engagement has a negative affect on the clutch's longevity. I mean its prob hard to follow what i'm saying but its clear to me, I tried to bring this up with my local service manager and he just got all defensive and told me to call mitsu's engineers becasue they were the ones who designed it. Again I tried to explain they designed nothing and rushed the cars production to get it out before the suby and try to boost their sales.

I mean the car was introduced in the international autoshow in January, and released for sale in Feb. Thats pretty damn crazy if you ask me, I've never seen that before. Look at the Elise, it was introduced this past Winter (Dec, or Jan) and it has still yet to be delieverd. Release date was suppose to be June, now thats alteast 6 months.

Quick Reply: meeting with mitsu regional rep on weds.