Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Having a hard time deciding - Opinions please!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2004, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Having a hard time deciding - Opinions please!!!

I've decided on getting the Defi BF gauges. However, they're coming out with the red ones in a month or so. Can't decide b/w the white and red. I've never seen the BF whites in person so I'm not sure if they look better in person. From the pictures (link below) red seems to stand out a lot, but i wonder if it's easier to read than the white. White seems to be a lot soothing and easier to read at a glance, but the red seems to match our stock IP cluster. I am not a huge fan of our stock IP, but the reds do look pretty good in the pictures.

Any BF owners please care to comment how they like their gauges and how do they look at night and on the mismatch b/w the gauges and the stock IP at night...

http://www.defi-shop.com/product/bf/bf_type.html

thanks
Old Aug 11, 2004, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

I'd personally get the red, to keep the same "vibe" inside. It's bad enough that mitsu makes the IP red and the Climate controls green ????
Old Aug 12, 2004, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Smile

I think you PM'd me. I myself would have liked to go red had I known but an extra 100 bucks could be used for another mod. Its bad enough you have to pay almost $250 a gauge as it is now. Its going to look great either way. I have no regrets. No need to sell mine for the red ones unless some one just wants to trade out. Later!!
Old Aug 13, 2004, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Yep. i sent you a pm and thanks for replying. i'm still thinking about it. i don't know how long it's going to be until my vendor gets it.

Originally Posted by TampaTurbo
I think you PM'd me. I myself would have liked to go red had I known but an extra 100 bucks could be used for another mod. Its bad enough you have to pay almost $250 a gauge as it is now. Its going to look great either way. I have no regrets. No need to sell mine for the red ones unless some one just wants to trade out. Later!!
Old Aug 13, 2004, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

the White will be easier to read, but red will look better since it will match the rest of the lights in the car.
Old Aug 13, 2004, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

After contemplating this issue forever, i think i'm going with the white ones. I'd rather be able to read them quickly than just lookin' good. Will try and take pictures on Monday when they're installed...
Old Aug 13, 2004, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Those red gauges are pretty hot...

I think I'd keep my green on black greddy's to match the green in the center console.
Old Aug 13, 2004, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

I love my Defi BFs. They'll have to pry them out of my cold dead hands to get them from me. Easy to read and very functional. So they don't match the main cluster... they still look great. From the looks of the red ones, I think they will be hard to read.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

i would think you would want them to stand out from the rest of your gauges considering you are monitoring something that is far more important than any gauges you have on your stock cluster- get the white ones!

No matter what decision you make, you will still be happy
Old Aug 14, 2004, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
iam not even reading what people are saying: get red ones it will match the dash... nice chooice
Old Aug 14, 2004, 07:24 PM

Want to buy my Defi BF Boost Gauge and Control Unit 2?
Old Aug 14, 2004, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

I want to buy one of the amber bf boost gauges. Any idea who will be selling them?
Old Aug 14, 2004, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Get the red, but I would get the d-series Defi gauges.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by metaphysical
Want to buy my Defi BF Boost Gauge and Control Unit 2?

Hey, I would have bought yours if you'd mentioned it sooner. I've already purchased them.

Why you selling it though?
Old Aug 14, 2004, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jong
I want to buy one of the amber bf boost gauges. Any idea who will be selling them?
The amber ones are not available yet. GruppeS will be getting those in October and then there's another vendor who posted in the For Sale forum saying they're getting them Sept 4th and are taking pre-orders. Spoke to another vendor and they were not sure when they would be in the market as production on those have not started yet. If you pre-order sth and put a deposit down make sure it's fully refundable otherwise u'll be stuck until that specific vendor gets those gauges.