Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Official evolutionm.net / Speed Ventures Evo Shootout Presented by DSport Magazine

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2004, 10:33 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome guys! Let's convert the probably to definitely. This really will be a must see event. Not only are the tuners going to compete, but it's quite possible that people will be able to get rides over the two day period as well!

Also, remember that anyone can spectate

The SoCalEvo/NorCalEvo/EOC team is also sponsoring the event and helping with promotions as well.

I know it'll be tough for those in other areas to make it out, but it will suck if you miss out! Maybe some of the members can work on getting regional groups together to make trips. It's always more fun when it's more than just yourself getting there.

Mark
Old Sep 24, 2004, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
as far as the driving sessions, is there a deposit you need? Will there be any vendors?
Old Sep 24, 2004, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by KK
Awesome guys! Let's convert the probably to definitely. This really will be a must see event. Not only are the tuners going to compete, but it's quite possible that people will be able to get rides over the two day period as well!

Also, remember that anyone can spectate

The SoCalEvo/NorCalEvo/EOC team is also sponsoring the event and helping with promotions as well.

I know it'll be tough for those in other areas to make it out, but it will suck if you miss out! Maybe some of the members can work on getting regional groups together to make trips. It's always more fun when it's more than just yourself getting there.

Mark
Hi Mark,

When you say "Spectators can watch for free!" do you actually mean, "Spectators can watch for free (however there is a $10 dollar track admittance fee)?"

This should be an awesome event.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 12:24 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by Smogrunner
I would love to know more about the driving school. Who are the instrutors, etc. I will be at this event.
The instructors come from a pool experienced drivers that have worked with Speed Ventures. The basic fee of $220 does not include an instructor. To add one, you just pay an extra $30 and they supply one for you. This is how they manage to offer so much track time for the money. I believe those who choose to instruct for Speed Ventures will receive a $30 discount.

Originally Posted by GokuSSj4
if you plan to compete , do you have to run against Robi or Scott from sparco ?? is it wheel to wheel racing ( i know Robi loves to use his chrome bumper horn)
No worries there. This will be a time trial format so it's one driver at a time. The event is setup so everyone compete's against one another, but the results should be broken up into Tuners and Privateers

Originally Posted by Speete
Humm December, I'll bring the tire warmers....
Tire warmers! I hear it's in the 70s during December

Originally Posted by titaniumkingpin
as far as the driving sessions, is there a deposit you need? Will there be any vendors?
We may try and setup booth areas for vendors, but that hasn't been worked out yet. The driving school requires payment in full prior to the event. My understanding is that cards will not be charged for another two weeks or so.

Originally Posted by Knower
Hi Mark,

When you say "Spectators can watch for free!" do you actually mean, "Spectators can watch for free (however there is a $10 dollar track admittance fee)?"

This should be an awesome event.
Totally free.. no admittance fee either. The more people there, the better.

There's a lot of great people working to make this event awesome, so I urge everyone who can to make it out.

Mark
Old Sep 24, 2004, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by KK
Totally free.. no admittance fee either. The more people there, the better.
Wow, I've never been to an event at Willow Springs where they didn't have a track admittance fee. Very cool

Originally Posted by KK
There's a lot of great people working to make this event awesome, so I urge everyone who can to make it out.
Truly.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 01:52 PM
Former Sponsor

KK posted

No worries there. This will be a time trial format so it's one driver at a time. The event is setup so everyone compete's against one another, but the results should be broken up into Tuners and Privateers

So I'm a privateer?..(partial sponsorships but pay my own bills?) I don't mind I like being in this catagory the underdog...just might howl last...
Old Sep 24, 2004, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

Shouldn't this be sticky?

We're glad to be part of this great event, it's gonna be great fun!

Old Sep 24, 2004, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

I second that emotion. I really hope we can all help to make this event exciting and something everyone can enjoy. That said, I am really hoping to be part of the track event. It's a bit far off to say a decisive yes or no to right now.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

This event should be the largest Evo event in history stomping our 130 Evo record at XS engineering. We're totally excited here in SoCal. We'll have some SoCalEvo "sponsor" cars in the event too.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
thanks KK i will be there for sure
then the fees for non tuner will be 220.00 for both days???
Old Sep 24, 2004, 07:18 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by robi
KK posted

So I'm a privateer?..(partial sponsorships but pay my own bills?) I don't mind I like being in this catagory the underdog...just might howl last...
You could technically be the Buschur car (if they approve) or you could just wrestle with the tuners on your own as a privateer. I'll try and setup things so we can see who was fastest overall, fastest tuner, and fastest privateer... that way in the end we can look at things in any way we want

Thread should be stickied now!

Mark
Old Sep 24, 2004, 07:21 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by GokuSSj4
thanks KK i will be there for sure
then the fees for non tuner will be 220.00 for both days???
Yep, $220 for Sat and Sun. If you'd like an instructor there should be an option in the signup form and it'll add $30 bringing the total to $250 at most. When speaking to Aaron, he said each person should expect to get around 5 hours or more depending on things. I think that'll be more than enough over the two days

Mark
Old Sep 24, 2004, 07:27 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Just wanted to announce the addition of FORCEDFED as another entry in the Tuner Shootout. If there's anyone I am missing in the above list, please feel free to contact me and I'll make sure to add you in.

Mark

Last edited by KK; Sep 27, 2004 at 10:03 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 12:32 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm definitely going to be there. Probably not going to run (especially since I don't have an Evo). If anybody is interested in a codriver or otherwise letting me drive/rent their Evo in a second run group, let me know. Otherwise, I'll just be taking some awesome pics to post on here.

Note to all competitors, bring good tires and a lot of front camber. This track is rough on them!
Old Sep 27, 2004, 10:08 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Just added WORKS as an entrant in the Tuner Shootout as well!

Mark

Quick Reply: Official evolutionm.net / Speed Ventures Evo Shootout Presented by DSport Magazine