EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   MA inspection (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/692551-ma-inspection.html)

Sheasta Jun 3, 2014 08:03 AM

MA inspection

I have no cat but have the code disabled, no Cel, other emissions parts still in place. Car is converted to speed density, but on stock Evo ix ecu. Can I pass inspection or do I need to convert it to maf for inspection purposes every year?

19DB794 Jun 3, 2014 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Sheasta (Post 11223539)
I have no cat but have the code disabled, no Cel, other emissions parts still in place. Car is converted to speed density, but on stock Evo ix ecu. Can I pass inspection or do I need to convert it to maf for inspection purposes every year?

I'm not sure if they can still read the disabled code hopefully someone can chime in on that but I've used an o2 sensor spacer for the past 5 years on my test pipe and it's passed ma inspections every year.

Sheasta Jun 3, 2014 05:52 PM

Is it tuned? I heard recently that you even need a stock rom to pass inspection.

sessanator18 Jun 3, 2014 05:54 PM

i was just flagged for a mac inspection which is run by the state police. they wouldnt tell me why some people in another thread think that they can flag any changes in the ecu . I havnt gone in for the state inspection yet. dynotech had posted on the other thread of a car that they had done passing with speed density. could try giving them a call

19DB794 Jun 3, 2014 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sheasta (Post 11224119)
Is it tuned? I heard recently that you even need a stock rom to pass inspection.

Yes, I've never had any issues passing inspection since I've owned my car.

Your car may pass inspection with no issues but they still flag cars for testing randomly.

211Ratsbud Jun 3, 2014 07:22 PM

It has been quoted that they have flagged the ROM ID so a stock rom ID will pass, even if you swap the ROM ID from a tephra 88590715 to 88590014/5. Adjust your XML or if thats all you tune, or leave it and know what youre doing. Also go through the OBD force pass and make sure you dont have monitors available that shouldn't.. Post a ROM up or screen shot your settings and someone could confirm.

again, as of the last that I did read(im in a neighboring NY so I always try to be aware of my surrounding and impending rules), the rom id is what nails people, and or the available monitors.

EatSleepBoost Jun 4, 2014 04:39 AM

yea 211 is right. My car passed and was not flagged in February by chance but after doing some reading i should have adjusted the I/M tests so that not all say pass. Just the ones that the vehicle has from the factory.

here u go https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/no...refer-mac.html

Sheasta Jun 4, 2014 06:09 AM

Thanks guys. I did come across that thread via searching, but things can change in 3 years. I guess I'll go for it and if I'm referred to Mac, then I'll convert back to maf and stock rom to be safe. Wish me luck.

illbill Jun 4, 2014 12:47 PM

Def report back :thumbup:

I've been passing okay these past couple years, but you always hear these rumors the state tests are getting smarter and smarter.

Originally Posted by Sheasta (Post 11224445)
Thanks guys. I did come across that thread via searching, but things can change in 3 years. I guess I'll go for it and if I'm referred to Mac, then I'll convert back to maf and stock rom to be safe. Wish me luck.

edgeofautumn9 Jun 16, 2014 10:01 AM

Was curious if you passed?

Sheasta Jun 17, 2014 07:38 AM

Haven't gone yet. Cars still in shop. Maybe I'll get it back this week. I'll post after I go.

EvoooB Jun 17, 2014 02:03 PM

may the force be with you! lol i'm getting ready to go for a sticker myself in another month so ive been starting to do some homework on what needs to be taken care of in the ROM to not get flagged

silver9mr Jun 17, 2014 02:33 PM

you can pass without a cat or the rear O2 sensor. I am living proof. I just got my sticker a few weeks ago and dont have a rear cat or O2. You just need the rear O2 force inspection patch in your ecu, i believe thats done with tephra V7 (which is what im running). I even went to the mac station 2 years ago with tephra V7 and they passed me there when i was originally flagged.

EvoooB Jun 21, 2014 04:51 AM

well... how did you make you?

silver9mr Jun 23, 2014 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by EvoooB (Post 11238341)
well... how did you make you?

for my car?

ill look at my rom and see what my setting were, im on tephra though.