Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Clutch disk thickness?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2005, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch disk thickness?

Heya guys I just got a slightly used Exedy Clutch and lightweight flywheel kit. I'm not too familiar with the EVOs stuff (I always work on Porsches) but does anyone know what the thickness of the disk should be approximately? Looks mighty thin to me....

TIA!
Old Jan 7, 2005, 07:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sharkster
Heya guys I just got a slightly used Exedy Clutch and lightweight flywheel kit. I'm not too familiar with the EVOs stuff (I always work on Porsches) but does anyone know what the thickness of the disk should be approximately? Looks mighty thin to me....

TIA!
New stock thickness (when fully compressed) is 8mm or about .315".
Old Jan 7, 2005, 07:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Dirk,
Do you guys plan on having a disk replacement that would be in between the street disc and the 6 puck? Also, are there guys still having issues with high rpm shifting with the ACT setup? I do many EVO clutches here in the NYC area and I always recommend the ACT. I have installed and driven most brands, like ACT, RRE, EXEDY (all versions), Ogura, OSgiken, Cuzco, etc. and I feel that the ACT is the best compromise for the street driven EVO. I made a bit over 450whp when the stock ACT disk started to slip. Any ideas other than the harsh 6 puck? Im very well known by many NY Evo owners for doing the fastest clutch jobs at 2 1/2 hours, lol

Gil-superz
Old Jan 8, 2005, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by ACTman
New stock thickness (when fully compressed) is 8mm or about .315".
Thanks Dirk!
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by superz
Hey Dirk,
Do you guys plan on having a disk replacement that would be in between the street disc and the 6 puck? Also, are there guys still having issues with high rpm shifting with the ACT setup? I do many EVO clutches here in the NYC area and I always recommend the ACT. I have installed and driven most brands, like ACT, RRE, EXEDY (all versions), Ogura, OSgiken, Cuzco, etc. and I feel that the ACT is the best compromise for the street driven EVO. I made a bit over 450whp when the stock ACT disk started to slip. Any ideas other than the harsh 6 puck? Im very well known by many NY Evo owners for doing the fastest clutch jobs at 2 1/2 hours, lol

Gil-superz
Hey Gil, are you still at it doing clutch jobs?