Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Simple front camber increase

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2004, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks, stang. That was a good explanation.
Old Oct 1, 2004, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Took the Evo to a small independent shop for an alignment. They spent about an hour on it, and found it easy to work on. They were amazed the dealer told me it couldn't be done - "morons" I think was the term they used, since the one guy said all you needed to do was look at it and you could figure out what to do. Just in case, I printed out the service manual pages dealing with alignments for them, but they were good to go on it without my help. The most they could get out of the fronts was -1.6 degrees of camber. I had them take toe to zero all the way around.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man i wich I could find an alignemnet shop in LA area that new how to do this....i am haveing majior issues with my camber on the front driver side only.......
Old Oct 4, 2004, 06:27 PM

Go To West End Alignment. They Are The Best!
Old Oct 5, 2004, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

your the second to tell me that........I think I will.......
Old Jan 18, 2005, 10:39 AM

eccentric camber bolts

I've asked around in another one or two threads, and hoping you guys can help me out. A shop I took my car to down in SoCal installed both eccentric camber bolts on the front right mount. The normal, round bolts are on the front left mount. When my car hits certain drops on the road, I get a rattling noise. Do you think it's due to this improper install?

Sam
Old Jan 18, 2005, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sol-leks
I've asked around in another one or two threads, and hoping you guys can help me out. A shop I took my car to down in SoCal installed both eccentric camber bolts on the front right mount. The normal, round bolts are on the front left mount. When my car hits certain drops on the road, I get a rattling noise. Do you think it's due to this improper install?

Sam
Ok, I'll bite - why did they do that?
Old Jan 18, 2005, 04:03 PM

Uh, maybe cause they don't know what they're doing?? However, they're supposed to be the place where a lot of SoCal evo owners go for shock/spring/coilover work, so I dunno how I got so unlucky.

Sam
Old Jan 18, 2005, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

That's just criminally stupid!

Next question - what were they doing that they had both bolts off? For an alignment, you simply loosen both bolts - not remove them. If they did any other work beyond that (spring installation, etc.), I'd definitely get my car to another garage quick.

Do you know of any autocrossers in your area? Any SCCA or NASA drivers? If so, ask around and they should be able to suggest a decent shop. If not, try visiting the local SCCA web site for your area and see if they have any boards available or email addresses to contact them. It pays to be a member - a good source of info, great driving events, etc. You can visit SCCA.org and find your region's website
Old Apr 27, 2005, 11:15 PM

Thanks a lot Iodine23 for this trick! I ran straight to an alignment garage with my stock Evo VIII RS to get it done. I've only managed to get -1.6 camber and have set toe to ZERO. I don't know if you know this guys but you can do a similar trick on your rear camber. You have to play with the lower control arm bolt. The guys in the garage showed me this. This way I achieved -2.1 camber on the rear tires. However the rear toe was 0.6 in. The handling noticably better. Yeah...
Thanks again man!

Tomas
Dubai
United Arab Emirates
Old Sep 18, 2005, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

ok...im pretty late on this...but when u turn the bolt to get the neg camber...do u turn it a certain direction or just get it pointin out and ur good??
Old Mar 3, 2006, 04:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
i'm not sure why i dont have these "lobe" type bolts on my front suspension....i just have normal bolts??

anyone else have this?
Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

I see in your sig you list "HKS Hipermax RS Coilovers" - could it be that the lobe bolts disappeared during the installation of these?
Old Mar 6, 2006, 04:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
nope because i re-used stock bolts...but they were just 19mm? cant remember, but just a normal threaded bolt to a point.
Old May 3, 2006, 02:00 PM

Will this work on an MR?

Quick Reply: Simple front camber increase