Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

5th point location with race harness?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2006, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5th point location with race harness?

I asked this in an ongoing roll cage thread in Evo advanced but this is probably a better place:

I've got an Autopower 4-point roll bar with SFI rated padding, a Bride Artis III bucket, and a Simpson 5 point camlock. I've got the shoulder belts wraped around the harness bar (attached to the roll bar) and the lap belts attached at the factory belt points. Now I have to bolt on the 5th point (sub-strap), but it has to go on to sheet metal under the seat, so I've ordered the proper backing plate and hardware (with a 45 degree belt loop, grade 8, M8, washers, etc.) from HMS motorsport. Where exactly will I drill the hole?
Old Nov 11, 2006, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You could thread the strap w/a clip and then clip it to one of the eyebolts for the lap belts...assuming that you didn't use this kind of fastener to attach the lap belts

Use this clip

along w/this eyebolt

I've seen a lot of rally car guys do this type of install on the sub belt.In our rally car, we just weave the sub belt around the seat mount bars we've got under us. I wish we could remove those bars to get our seat lower.

GL on the install.