Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

UK Evolution IX Badge INSTALL w/Pics

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2007, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UK Evolution IX Badge INSTALL w/Pics

Ok this is the Install for the UK Evolution IX Badge. Since I haven't seen any up I thought I help out all of you first off this isn't something that's going to take you 10 minutes to do if you want to do it right and the first time. This install took me about 45 minutes ok so here's what you need

1. Soap & Water with a Rage (Clean area off before install)

2. Blue Painters Tape (So you can set a guide line)

3. Tape measure

4. A free weekend

so first of start by cleaning the area with the soap and water so the badge will stick good and for you low IQ people out there make sure its dry before putting on the Badge

now put some blue painter tape down below the line going cross the middle of your trunk make sure its right on the line when you do this if measured from the bottom of the trunk to the middle like or the tape it should be 5 1/2" all the way across like this

Pictures of me measuring

some more pictures of measuring

and some more measuring

now after you got the blue tape down line up the bottom of the clear plastic from the badge to the top line of the blue tape like in the pictures above

now try to center the badge as best as possible and use the blue tape to tape it down in the 2 upper corners so that you can move it easy if needed now measure from the end of the trunk to the side of the clear plastic 9 1/4" in the pictures it says 10 1/4 because if you didn't see I started from the 1" point so basically do it like this

if needed move the badge till it lines up right now after you got it just right put down blue tape as you see in the picture to make like a box around the clear plastic of the badge

do one last measure all the way around so that every thing is line up just right then the next step is to peal of the white tape from the badge so that it only leaves the letter on the clear plastic and very slowly start lining up all of the sides in the box and pressing down hard so the letters stick

so it looks like this

then just peel away the clear plastic and there you go press down on the letters one more time just to make sure after all is down this is what your left with

well there you go let me know what all of you think tell me if you feel I did a good job or not and I hope this helps all of you that are trying to do a UK Evolution IX Badge
Old Mar 5, 2007, 11:46 PM

that is very thorough! I kinda eyeballed mine with some scotch tape and did pretty much the same thing. I made mine a bit to the left. I had the T under like the middle of the Diamonds because I had the VIII to put on..NICE WORK!
Old Mar 5, 2007, 11:52 PM

That looks awesome!
Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:49 AM

thanks guys just trying to help everyone on out with a IX Badge
Old Mar 6, 2007, 08:28 AM

I finally got my badge a week ago and have not yet had a chance to get it on. Good write up, I have a IX and was wondering about the alignment differences between it's badge and the VIII's. It's a nice clean look, good job.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

thanks for the write up on this!! just ordered my IX badge last week getting delivered tomorrow, looking forward to doing the install this weekend.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

looks good!
Old Mar 6, 2007, 07:59 PM

you welcome everyone the only thing wrong with the uk badge for the ix is ya i have mine lined up right in the middle but if you look at the U and the T they dont line up perfect with the mistu Emblem its alittle to right and then if i wanted to line it up perfect with the mistu sign it would be a little to the left on the trunk so i just went with it centered on the trunk
Old Mar 10, 2007, 10:52 PM

awesome.....now were you the tool I was bidding against on ebay for that?
Old Mar 12, 2007, 09:24 AM

thanks for the write up i wish i had a write up like this when i frist did my 8 trunk so this should be so much easier now for my 9!! thanks again!!!
Old Mar 12, 2007, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice!
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

just did my install this weekend, came out perfect, thanks again for the write up
Old Mar 14, 2007, 02:17 AM

you welcome
Old Mar 14, 2007, 10:06 AM

bump
Old Mar 29, 2007, 05:45 AM
Account Disabled

Nice job on the install and thank you for the great write-up. I'll be doing my install in a couple of days. Maybe I'll jack your thread a little and post some pics...hope ya don't mind.

Quick Reply: UK Evolution IX Badge INSTALL w/Pics