Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

WRX WALBRO fuel pump install into EVO - easy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2003, 01:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WRX WALBRO fuel pump install into EVO - easy

The WRX walbro 225 lph fuel pump is a direct no mod bolt into the stock fuel pump location - - anyone running up near 300 wheel HP is going to run out of fuel - - this pump give you up to 400 wheel HP capacity with a bolt in item - works perfect and its cheap !
Old Jun 11, 2003, 02:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
excellent write up!

good to know, thanks (seriously)
Old Jun 13, 2003, 09:35 PM
Account Disabled

How come Buschur is making 350 to the wheels on a stock eveo and still has plebty of fuel? I don't see this mod being necessary on a stock turbo evo, maybe with a BIG turbo.
Old Jun 13, 2003, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by umiami80
How come Buschur is making 350 to the wheels on a stock eveo and still has plebty of fuel? I don't see this mod being necessary on a stock turbo evo, maybe with a BIG turbo.
I'm sure you could tune around falling fuel pressure by adding fuel on top with the SAFC - - but for me personally - I prefer to have rock solid fuel pressure all the way up - - to each his own - - I rather pay $130.00 and know my fuel pressure is perfect - - - and BTW - I bet you a lot of people playing with evos dont even have an in car fuel pressure guage to even know what the fuel pressure is doing

Finally - dosnt Buscher tune at 12.5 a/f ratios or something lean like that >>>/?? I keep my a/f at 11.2 - 11.4 so I need more fuel than some
Old Jun 13, 2003, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Alfriedesq

Finally - dosnt Buscher tune at 12.5 a/f ratios or something lean like that >>>/?? I keep my a/f at 11.2 - 11.4 so I need more fuel than some
I'm running Buschurs setup and I'm running far from lean. As a matter a fact my A/F gauge reads 3 away from max rich.

Last edited by stvbreal; Jun 13, 2003 at 11:16 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2003, 08:29 AM

Hi, the Walbro fuel pump used is for 02+ WRX or earlier? Is there any URL that we can order online directly from.

Thanks.
Old Jun 14, 2003, 04:09 PM
Account Disabled

a matter a fact my A/F gauge reads 3 away from max rich.
You A/F gauge is usless, but is pretty and nice to look at. BUT Buschur tunes cars rather rich and picked up 30WHP on teh Dyon with one, like NIGHT and DAY. The stock pump is atLEAST a 195LPH, probably bigger with the noise it makes and the power it makes while still being rich as all.
Old Jun 14, 2003, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Fo99Y
Hi, the Walbro fuel pump used is for 02+ WRX or earlier? Is there any URL that we can order online directly from.

Thanks.
I'm not sure - you can look on thier web site under engine and fuel I think to see it
Old Jun 14, 2003, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by umiami80

You A/F gauge is usless, but is pretty and nice to look at. BUT Buschur tunes cars rather rich and picked up 30WHP on teh Dyon with one, like NIGHT and DAY. The stock pump is atLEAST a 195LPH, probably bigger with the noise it makes and the power it makes while still being rich as all.
My personal guess is that the stock one is 210 lph - like the PE WRX upgrade one - a nice pump - but no good for those trying to push over 300 hp - at least thats my call - - I prefer to stay on the safe side always
Old Jun 15, 2003, 01:33 AM
Account Disabled

ALSO, if you put a bigger pump on, the stock FPR will more then likely not be able to return the fuel back to the tank, it is TINY, so it will back up, and raise the base fule pressure which will cause the car to run like ****.
Old Jun 18, 2003, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

My personal guess is that the stock one is 210 lph - like the PE WRX upgrade one - a nice pump - but no good for those trying to push over 300 hp - at least thats my call - - I prefer to stay on the safe side always
So are you saying your seeing a pressure drop at higher rpm with the power your making?

Eric
Old Jun 18, 2003, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Eric Lyublinsky

So are you saying your seeing a pressure drop at higher rpm with the power your making?

Eric
I was before I put in this pump

Also - for someone who wants something totally quiet - - PE just relesed a new PE 255 lph pump that will alsofit right in (too rich in $ for my blood - I'll take the very slight noise in the trunk)
Old Jun 18, 2003, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

I was before I put in this pump

Also - for someone who wants something totally quiet - - PE just relesed a new PE 255 lph pump that will alsofit right in (too rich in $ for my blood - I'll take the very slight noise in the trunk)
Ya PE is outrages. I can get walbro pumps from Nino for 65.00 bucks. Plus I can't hear mine over my exhaust in my WRX. And I have not heard off any of them failing.

Eric
Old Jul 9, 2003, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

BTW, it isn't a WRX part number from Walbro. This pump fits in many different cars. I sell them as well. Make sure you are getting the high pressure 255Lph model. It is GSS342.
Buschur is quoting 2 wheel dyno numbers which may be slightly higher than 4 wheel dyno numbers. But we won't get into the whole dyno comparison thing. Just change the pump when you get to that level; it's important insurance.

Mark
www.Quantum-Racing.com
Old Jul 9, 2003, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

I'm sure you could tune around falling fuel pressure by adding fuel on top with the SAFC - - but for me personally - I prefer to have rock solid fuel pressure all the way up - - to each his own - - I rather pay $130.00 and know my fuel pressure is perfect - - - and BTW - I bet you a lot of people playing with evos dont even have an in car fuel pressure guage to even know what the fuel pressure is doing

Falling fuel pressure? why in gods name would the fuel pressure drop? You would rather have rock solid fuel pressure? haha... I wont attempt to argue with you but rather make a observation and end it. Their fuel pressure is not going to drop just because they are making more power there genius. I respect that you are one of the people trying to make the evo faster in one sense but you should make sure you get your facts straight before you start handing out advice...

bryan

Quick Reply: WRX WALBRO fuel pump install into EVO - easy