Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

noob vacuum line ?...did do search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2009, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
noob vacuum line ?...did do search

Picked up an 03 evo at the auction for my dd. Has some mods..HKS air cleaner sys, cams(dont know specs), adj cam gears, exhaust. I dont know much at all about these cars yet. Been reading online daily. I noticed two open vacuum line nipples, one on the wastegate actuator and one on the bottom of the turbo. There is a line from the BOV to the intake. I connected the two open ones and felt like I lost power?
I did a search and found a lot of different answers. Im wondering what I should do with this set up?
Oh and man these little cars fly!! Thanks for any help.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

sounds like someone may have removed an aftermarket manual boost controller. does the car have a boost gauge? if so, what are you boosting at in second gear pulls?
Old Oct 20, 2009, 09:55 AM

No gauges. I think someone stole MBC while it was at the auction. Am I going to damage anything?
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by randoo
No gauges. I think someone stole MBC while it was at the auction. Am I going to damage anything?
Im sure it did feel slower when you connected the lines, your now running far less boost at wastegate pressure. Keep the lines connected until you get an boost controller to keep boost under control.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:45 AM

Thanks. Which type of boost control will work best for me? I plan on getting a header and a bigger IC if that matters. Sorry if these questions are lame, I'm brand new to turbos
Old Oct 21, 2009, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Since you are new to the evo and turbo cars in general here are two great thread to start you off. There is a ton of great info on here that can be found with the search. Anyway take a took at these:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...g-dummies.html
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-100-time.html