Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Painting Evo 7 vents

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Painting Evo 7 vents

Hi guys,

I'm planning to paint the ugly silver hood vent on my Evo 7 as it looks out of place. How do you take it out firstly for safe painting and what type of paint is required (My guess is high temp) and how many layers do I need?

Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by McRooster
I'm planning to paint the ugly silver hood vent on my Evo 7 as it looks out of place. How do you take it out firstly for safe painting and what type of paint is required (My guess is high temp) and how many layers do I need?
Are you talking about the silver heat shielding? Or the black metal bracket? I would not recommend painting the heat shielding (since I cant imagine the paint holding up well on what is essentially flexible aluminum foil). Lots of people just remove the heat shielding.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by McRooster
Hi guys,

All you do is remove those big plastic clips
Old Apr 23, 2017, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nemsin
Are you talking about the silver heat shielding? Or the black metal bracket? I would not recommend painting the heat shielding (since I cant imagine the paint holding up well on what is essentially flexible aluminum foil). Lots of people just remove the heat shielding.
Sorry the pic I posted is a little deceiving. I'm actually painting the part on top.

Old May 1, 2017, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Yea take it off and paint it with high temp paint. It'll hold up for a couple years in my experience before you have to take it off and do it again. This was on a car that was DD in a 4 season climate and not garaged so ymmv.