Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Help! Bumper wonít fit with new intercooler tips??

Old Apr 8, 2019, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! Bumper wonít fit with new intercooler tips??

I installed a new intercooler kit on my evo 8 itís a ETS 4Ē once installed my bumper wonít fit anymore to the car any tips to make it fit again ??
Old Apr 8, 2019, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 167 Likes on 154 Posts
Originally Posted by Jose0825 View Post
I installed a new intercooler kit on my evo 8 itís a ETS 4Ē once installed my bumper wonít fit anymore to the car any tips to make it fit again ??
I don't know if this applies to the 8's, but for the IX's the largest intercoooler you can fit without removing the crash beam or modifying the front bumper is 3.5". The ETS 4" is a big intercooler and may require trimming of the back front bumper plastic. Any reason you went with a 4" core over a 3" or 3.5" ?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes Iím running a big turbo 6466 and need the car to cool better and also old intercooler was craked from last owner
Old Apr 8, 2019, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 167 Likes on 154 Posts
Originally Posted by Jose0825 View Post
Yes I’m running a big turbo 6466 and need the car to cool better and also old intercooler was craked from last owner
I see. Yeah, if you are hitting plastic you can try to carefully bend the intercooler back slightly at the mounts and trim the pieces of the bumper that won't show. There are a lot of folks on here with 4" intercoolers that made it fit. I would look up some pictures of installed versions first to see where the best places are to cut.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 07:39 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
Hey Jose0825 ,

If you send an email to [email protected] with pictures of the fitment we can help you with the install.

Thanks,
Robert

Evo 8/9/X Intercoolers, Intakes, Piping Kits, Exhaust Systems, Manifolds, Downpipes, Test Pipes and Turbo Kits

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.