Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

HELP PLEASE + windshield wipers wont turn off + HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2008, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP PLEASE + windshield wipers wont turn off + HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, before anyone starts bashing, I have SEARCHED THREADS, and have no solution. Please do not post in here unless you have a solution. Sorry guys, I need a solution fast, It sucks and I am aware it does.

I have read this is a common problem with our cars and have checked the steering column to check for loose broken wires. NONE. I checked the switch, that is fine as well. I have checked the fuses, they are fine as well.

This could be the possible wetness in the drivers side boot, it is moist in the area and it is winter time so I am assuming this is most likely my problem.

How, or what do I need to do to fix my problem?

Thanks guys!
Old Feb 2, 2008, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Alright, I just checked my car again because it has been sitting in a dry area for a good almost solid day, and they seem to be working normal again.

Still looking for a solution to eliminate this problem completely! Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2008, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

that is weird. this same thing happened to me last night.
I too did a lot of reading on this issue.
I took the fuse out right now till tomorrow when I can look into it a bit.
I believe it is the water issue near the pedels. It rained pretty good last night.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
There is a connector in the engine compartment, that if water runs down a wire into the insulation it will flow down to the connector and short your wipers. It hasnt happened to me, but I was just literally reading about it on these forums yesterday. They simply cleaned it out with alcohol and electrical contact cleaner then cherry-tape (mabye even elec tape but that stuff gets messy) the cable to keep it environmentally sealed. I know 100% that your answer is on the forums. The connector had a name like P134 or something, but I forget the exact name.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 12:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jameson_IXMR
There is a connector in the engine compartment, that if water runs down a wire into the insulation it will flow down to the connector and short your wipers. It hasnt happened to me, but I was just literally reading about it on these forums yesterday. They simply cleaned it out with alcohol and electrical contact cleaner then cherry-tape (mabye even elec tape but that stuff gets messy) the cable to keep it environmentally sealed. I know 100% that your answer is on the forums. The connector had a name like P134 or something, but I forget the exact name.
Thanks, Ill look into that some more.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

well ladies and gents. I pulled apart everything and found my plugs corroded a lovely shade of green. so I went and got some electrical contact cleaner, so we shall see if that solves the problem!!!
Old Feb 3, 2008, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
When you find the answer post it back here to let everyone know!
Thanks
Old Feb 3, 2008, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo4g63awd
well ladies and gents. I pulled apart everything and found my plugs corroded a lovely shade of green. so I went and got some electrical contact cleaner, so we shall see if that solves the problem!!!
what plugs were green? where in the car did you look? the drivers side feet area?
Old Feb 3, 2008, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

I found a temporary solution until more water gets in and the corrosion builds again.

I looked up at a few threads, and found a member with the same problem, he had suggested CRC - electrical contact cleaner. I picked it up from autozone.

I took apart the drivers side kick panel and the plugs are the first thing you should see. I have heard some people having a problem with the one black plug as well but (NOT ME) I checked all connections, and it was an issue with the white plug above the black.

I will post up pictures when I can get them off my phone. The plug was originally a white plug, but because the water had effected the wiring, all the corroded areas on the plug and terminals were green. I had to scrub the connections really good!

Last edited by evo4g63awd; Feb 4, 2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

well.... after all that, still having problems. anyone know of any other ideas?
Old Feb 17, 2008, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

fixed??
Old Feb 17, 2008, 09:12 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
because of this problem, I checked my evo 9 mr and did not see any corrosion. is it common only to VIII?
Old Feb 21, 2008, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

nope its not fixed yet. i am waiting for the weather to warm up a bit.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

perhaps a front ECU issue? It controls the wipers....
Old Feb 21, 2008, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
All you have to do is solder each wire together and eliminate the conector all together. Remove the left front wheel well trim and put some silicon selant over the place where the wire harness goes into the body to prevent more water intrusion. When I pulled my conector apart a pin broke off in the female end. My car has been doing this since my car was only 6 months old. My buddy got his car fixed under warrenty. I then took mine in and they said no. This was because declined payment for my buddies car. The dealership wound up paying for my buddies repair.

Quick Reply: HELP PLEASE + windshield wipers wont turn off + HELP!!!!!!!!!!