Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

simple exhaust install...dear me

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2008, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SyZyGy1394
maybe a sign to get a tb? lol
nah can't...still in warranty and i've got to take it back to the dealership to get some work done...new brembo calipers, paint, etc (all free under warranty )

Originally Posted by teamspink20
what about an impact gun...? turn that thing up to 5 and give it hell. if it was soaked with blaster they should come off like butter
i took it to muffler man and i watched him take an impact gun to it...bolts popped right off and he only had it on 3 haha. he didn't charge me but i gave him a $20 because he was cool (he liked my car haha)

Originally Posted by MaxKanisha
Hi, I'm not trying to jack this thread.. But I noticed that the O2 sensor is in the midpipe. I thought it is on top of the cat on IXs.. Can someone please clarify this for me? Thanks in advance.
the o2 sensor itself IS still on the cat. this exhaust (hks carbon-ti) is designed for the evo viii but it fits fine on the ix too. all i did was take an oil pan plug (M18x1.5 bolt) and sealed off the o2 bung on the midpipe. if you decide you want a test pipe, chances are there wont an o2 bung on the test pipe so you gotta use the one on the midpipe

btw as of 11am this morning, my whole sound system is turned off...i'm listening to 105.hks....best music ever
Old Aug 28, 2008, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Floyd is Pink
the o2 sensor itself IS still on the cat. this exhaust (hks carbon-ti) is designed for the evo viii but it fits fine on the ix too. all i did was take an oil pan plug (M18x1.5 bolt) and sealed off the o2 bung on the midpipe. if you decide you want a test pipe, chances are there wont an o2 bung on the test pipe so you gotta use the one on the midpipe

btw as of 11am this morning, my whole sound system is turned off...i'm listening to 105.hks....best music ever
Yeah, thats what the shop did to my exhaust. But in the picture you have in the first post, correct me if I'm wrong, but are those wires for the O2 sensor in the midpipe and not the cat?
Old Aug 28, 2008, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MaxKanisha
Yeah, thats what the shop did to my exhaust. But in the picture you have in the first post, correct me if I'm wrong, but are those wires for the O2 sensor in the midpipe and not the cat?
yea let me clarify that that is not my car in that picture...i just pulled that pic from some person's install guide. that car in the picture is an evo viii (hence the 02 sensor in the midpipe). if you'd like, i can take a pic of my midpipe/cat but my secondary o2 sensor is on the cat
Old Aug 28, 2008, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

Ahhh perfect.. I thought that was your picture. Thank you very much for the clarification!
Old Oct 15, 2008, 01:33 AM

I Used A Breaker Bar Some Wd-40. Put Your Feet On The Exhaust So It Dose Not Move And You Dont Break Anything. Worked 4me On Two 8 And My 9
Old Oct 15, 2008, 01:35 AM
Evolving Member

torch ftw dats how i did to my car
Old Oct 15, 2008, 02:23 AM
Former Sponsor

just let it soak in enough wd40
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

i soaked the same spot in wd, used a air gun on it and still didnt work.
i eventually unbolted the cat and removed the 02 from the harness and slid the whole system off from under the car then used a breaker bar and rubber mallet, gave better leverage and made me mad i waisted 30 mins trying to do a 5 minute job.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 10:37 PM
Evolving Member

Driving car on lift,60sec raising car,90sec getting the torch,90sec smoking a cig,240sec HAVING A TORCH BEING USED ON AND AROUND YOUR CAR BY A NUBE, priceless