Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

rexpeed lip help!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2008, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rexpeed lip help!

hey guys i have a IX and just got that lip for it. i took that rubber thing off the bottom of my car and i was wondering how to take the stock lip off? is it just a bunch of those plugs on the bottom? and the rexpeed lip should just bolt up to those holes?, also if needed, how do i take off the front bumper? thanks in advance
Old Oct 30, 2008, 09:37 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got mine in the mail yesterday.

You've never taken the front bumper off? Ugh I have taken mine off so many times. There is a bolt in the wheel well on each of the front tires, there are two on each side of the FMIC covered by little caps. Two more where the front bumper mounts to the frame near the radiator.

Pop your hood and take the frame two off, then do the two by the wheels, then the two in front on each side of the FMIC.

Then just pull down on the bumper where the bumper meets the wheel well, give it a quick tug and it will snap down.... slowly grab the bumper and pull it off the front crash bar, and then take it inside on carpet.

I have no experience putting the Rexpeed lip on as I just got mine in the mail yesterday, but it seems pretty straight forward.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Just the underpanel is held on by plastic clips,the lip has screws and some 10mm(?)bolts holding it to the bumper.i knows theres a right up somewhere.It was 100 times easier taking the bumper off.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

you don't NEED to remove the bumper to install REXPEED's CF Splitter. I can't say you would get better fitment with doing since I was able to get my REXPEED Splitter to fit like an OEM peice without removing the bumper.

Granted, there is one hole you will have trouble with getting to if the bumper isn't off the car, and how I circumvented this was by using a REALLY SHORT philips screw driver, or replace the screw with a hex screw and use a small socket and/or wrench to screw it in.

I would recommend pitching the screws given to you by REXPEED as they are simply too small to provide adequate bite in keeping the lip firmly attached and inline with the front bumper, but then again, I have the Beatrush under panel which pulls down on the front lip. The stock under panel does not pull down on the lip so you might not need the bigger screws, like I needed, but I would still recommend using a 10-1 screw rather than the supplied 8-1screws. Its just a matter of width. I wanted to increase the surface area by which the screws attachted themselves to. It's rock solid now. BTW: took me three attempts of adjusting the lip until I got it right.

Don't get discouraged.