Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

STM "how to'' radiator brackets.... HAHAHAAHAHH.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2008, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
STM "how to'' radiator brackets.... HAHAHAAHAHH.

well after the intense wait for these bad boys they finally came in the mail. and i must say holy crap there sweet. stm's pics did not do them justice. once you get them in your hand you will see...

anyways i was just board today with nothing to do. and my girl said babe you should do a how too.... i looked at her and said AHAHHA hun this is not a ''how to'' type of product. she said well i dont know im just a girl. well turns out it was a fun idea she had. so here is my how to on installing STM radiator brackets for anyone not knowing how to do it. haahah.

1. you need to locate your evo 7,8, or 9. mine was sitting in the warm garage

2. you need to gather up all the major tools needed for this intense install

12mm socket
6mm allen key/socket
3/8 ratchet

3. next we need to find the radiator bracket that needs to be removed. this can be found on top of the radiator support as seen here where i am pointing

4. next take your 3/8 ratchet and 12mm socket and take off the one 12mm bolt holding the bracket to the upper rad support like this

5. take the 12mm bolt and through it into the extra/not needed parts box if you have one. i have a few of them so i picked this one.

its in there. somewhere.....

6. next we need to remove the rubber bushing thing from the factory rad support bracket......

NOTE... this is not pressed in so no press or torch is needed

notice the red X......

all you simply need is your 2 fingers as seen below

POP. wow that was easy

7. now we can also add this p.o.s. crappy ugly stock radiator bracket to the extra/leftover parts box.. see it is in there. right next to the 12mm bolt we added 4 minutes ago

8. next up we need to install the rubber bushing we took out of the stock rad bracket and install it into the cool new STM bracket.......

NOTE..... this is very easy. you do not need to bash it in there... notice the red X again.... no hammer or press needed here

again all we need is are 2 fingers

sssssssslip and here we go

9. next we can FINALLY install this bad boy on the car. wow its been a long 6 minutes and i cant wait. you will need your 6mm allen key/ socket and 3/8 ratchet.... here we go

take the supplied allen bolt that came with your kit and get to work.

NOTE...... no need to make it supper tight. just snug will do....

and guess what your 50% done. all you need to do is start from step one and repeat the steps on the other side and do the second bracket to complete the install.. here is what it should look like when finished....

wow they look hooooooot. enjoy your new STM brackets and show them off to your friends and tell them you did the install all by your self.

as requested HAHA here are the stock rad brackets vs the stm brackets on the scale.

NOTE this is a 1lb scale

Last edited by EvoDan2004; Nov 2, 2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 10:31 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Discuss thread HERE!