Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Buschur MBC/ Synapse BOV install help

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2011, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006EVOIXMR
He Guys,

I've finally installed my Synapse BOV in my EVO IX. Below are some pictures that I took to explain the process.

1 - Since I'm running the ETS Intake Pipe Kit, I went to Autozone and brought a Heater hose (I got it for the angles). If you look at the pic below you can see what angle I used to fit the recirculating end of the BOV.

2 - This set-up is very simple and straight forward, I split the Vacuum Boost source to Ports A & B of the Synapse BOV. You can either use the T-Shape splitter or the V shape. In my opinion, I would go with the V-shape as I did below.

3 - The Boost Only Source, I T'ed it from the MBC to the Turbo Compressor, and you'll all done.

4 - For ETS users that have the UICP and Intake Pipe kit, the fitment of the BOV will be close to the UICP, you can try to wiggle it in a way so that BOV isn't that close to the pipe but I end up putting a one sided mesh tape in between the BOV and UICP just in case there's any rubbing.

NOTE: I placed the one-sided mesh tape on the UICP.

I hope this helps a bit, I'm not a install expert but I do try.
is this bov sounds the same as there show on youtube videos ,being installed like how u show on this picture???
Old Mar 18, 2011, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

synapse says you should not have any boost controllers tied into the vacuum line for the bov. There is no right or wrong way to install it. it will work as a push or pull type. test each way and decide which works best.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

also you do not need to run both ports to a Y. you can test out using just one port at a time while leaving the second port open. There is no 1 best way for this valve people are having success with all different ways of using it..push or pull. both lines or just one.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
You can get vacuum tees at Kragens but I do not know where 2006EVOIXMR got his vband tee.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Ok, I just installed my Synapse BOV EXACTLY like this 2006EvoIXMR fellow did, and I am getting really bad part throttle surge around 4-5k rpm. WTF did I do wrong?

-Injen UICP and Intake
-A & B ports are together in a Y connector running to the stock BPV vacuum line
- C port is tee'd into the WGA/MBC line

Should I try only running either port A or port B?
Should I flip the orientation of the BOV and leave the lines as they are? (So the adjustment screw end is facing up)

Any other ideas? I am freakin lost here. It seems like there are 10,000 ways to hook these up and the differing opinions has my head spinning. O_o

Last edited by goodhart; Mar 28, 2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

bump..

Going to install mine today into an ETS intake, Hallman MBC and on stock UICP recirc'd.

Will need some help I'm sure.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Goodhart,

There are a few options with this BOV. Teeing to both A and B triggers a slow release creating flutter. Try running only B, it helps with releasing air faster, and finally if that doesn't work try only A which is the quickest release option. I hope that helps.

Originally Posted by goodhart
Ok, I just installed my Synapse BOV EXACTLY like this 2006EvoIXMR fellow did, and I am getting really bad part throttle surge around 4-5k rpm. WTF did I do wrong?

-Injen UICP and Intake

Should I try only running either port A or port B?
Should I flip the orientation of the BOV and leave the lines as they are? (So the adjustment screw end is facing up)

Any other ideas? I am freakin lost here. It seems like there are 10,000 ways to hook these up and the differing opinions has my head spinning. O_o

Old Mar 12, 2012, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by goodhart

-Injen UICP and Intake
the port C is boost only. turbo compressor>mbc

good luck
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Hahaha...a good way to bump a year old thread Anyways, GoodHart has already sold his Evo, but what you said is good and exactly how I installed mine. It works like a charm and all of my fluttering from my crushed IX BOV before are now gone!!

Synapse is great

Originally Posted by 2006EVOIXMR
Hey Goodhart,

There are a few options with this BOV. Teeing to both A and B triggers a slow release creating flutter. Try running only B, it helps with releasing air faster, and finally if that doesn't work try only A which is the quickest release option. I hope that helps.