Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

AMS Remote Oil Pressure Sending Unit Line Install

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMS Remote Oil Pressure Sending Unit Line Install

AMS Remote Oil Pressure Sending Unit Line

Has anyone installed one, and have any good pics of where they put the Oil Pressure Unit at, and how it was mounted?

Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2009, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump, i would like to know,as well.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
The line is long enough to mount your sensor on the lower firewall.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 05:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just ordered this earlier this week... I will post up some pics of it when I get it installed. It seems like its going to extend whatever sensor you have so that you can probably find something to mount it to..
Old Nov 8, 2009, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

cool thanks 4DRSALOON can't wait for pics. yeah im curious on where to mount the sensor.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 09:16 AM

Any pics yet? I've been getting jumpy readings so I was thinking about installing this in my car. I also might need the autometer orifice to helps the readings from being so jumpy as well. I am running the Autometer Nexus and the Oil Pressure seems to be constantly jumping outside of the gauge range (100psi). I don't want to kill the gauge by over shooting constantly.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 06:00 AM

OK I ordered on of these up and will be installing it. I just wanted to add that these lines should all be teflon taped at all of the threads first. I did mine in the vise before even getting under the car. The only connection I left alone was the one I need to spin in order to install it on the oil filter block. I will teflon that during the actual install. It's a 90 degree bend so that's why.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 04:48 PM

any pictures of this yet
Old Jul 17, 2010, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

boooooo...... still no pics
Old Jul 19, 2010, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

I have no pics but was able to place it in the fender shield in front the wheel.
There's an array of places it can go and when you have it in hand, you can get very adventurous as to where u want to place it around the oil filter housing.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 04:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's mine. AEM oil pressure and boost sensors. Away from heat and vibration. Easy to get to if they have to be disconnected.
Attached Thumbnails AMS Remote Oil Pressure Sending Unit Line Install-aem-oil-boost-senders.jpg   AMS Remote Oil Pressure Sending Unit Line Install-photo032910.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
kelsey (Dec 22, 2023)
Old Jul 20, 2010, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by digitalmethods
OK I ordered on of these up and will be installing it. I just wanted to add that these lines should all be teflon taped at all of the threads first. I did mine in the vise before even getting under the car. The only connection I left alone was the one I need to spin in order to install it on the oil filter block. I will teflon that during the actual install. It's a 90 degree bend so that's why.
Actually thread locker would be better in this situation. If the thread tape comes off, then you have to worry about that being in your oil. They are brake line fittings and actually dont require any type of sealant, especially since it's pipe thread and it tapers.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3vo|3oost
the remote pressure sending unit line install is a must because if not the vibrations from being mounted directly in the block will destroy the sensor and could cause an oil leak which would be fatal to a motor
Hold on a second buddy. What makes you think vibrations can "destroy" these units?? Are you familiar with how a pressure transducer is manufactured?? In my field of work I'm quite familiar with these types of sensors. It's nearly impossible for one to "fall apart" at least in a catastrophic way. I'd like to see what data you have to make that claim? Leaky threads sure, but that is your own damn fault for installing it without sealant. And that isn't going to blow your motor either.

On another note, I debated long and hard about whether to mount the sensor on the oil filter block or get the hose and mount it to the firewall. Pressure transducers are all very similar in design. I use an AEM 3 bar MAP sensor (a simple pressure transducer) that is mounted directly to my intake manifold. It's been that way for 25k miles with no issues. The oil pressure transducer I got from Prosport is virtually the same body and utilizes the same manufacturing techniques. I mounted it directly to the filter block. It's only been about 6 months, but no leaks or other problems so far. I've got to imagine that it will be as stable as my AEM sensor which sees the same amount of vibration. Will it hurt to mount it remotely? Other that being slightly laggier, absolutely not. Is it necessary? I don't think so.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 05:45 PM

vibrations damaging a sensor just sounds stupid!_regardless where u mount any sensor once its on the car and the engine is running and your driving the car -___- there will be vibrations!!! so that analogy about vibrations damaging a sensor is stupid. why havent any of the factory sensors on your evolution been damaged so far from vibration? if it was designed by Defi or any other company and they dont NOTE that it has to be remotely positioned then why would anyone take it upon themselves to "remotely mount" it???
Old Aug 23, 2010, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Well, I took it upon myself to mount my AEM oil pressure sensor remotely because its now a lot easier to check the electrical connection or replace it if the need arises.

Quick Reply: AMS Remote Oil Pressure Sending Unit Line Install