Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

How to reinitialize a sunroof

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2010, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW AMAZING!!! Thank you for the write up, next step was the manual but this was a life saver. Awesome, thank you so much. Glad to have my sunroof back and operating correctly again!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is ment when you say "press" then "depress"? I have tried several times and nothing worked!
The following users liked this post:
WelDun1 (Jul 29, 2017)
Old Oct 6, 2010, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by x_EvoChick_x
What is ment when you say "press" then "depress"? I have tried several times and nothing worked!
I've been trying to figure out the same thing, hasn't made much sense to me.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

glad im not the only one then. seems it works when you do it right...but im just still confused on the wording used.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

ok I have tried several times so I thought I would post video and have you look to see if I am doing it right. Also when I go to press the open direction it gets "jammed" and I have to press close then open again. As show in the video. Please help! I guess Im still happy I finally got it to close though. It was in the tilt position for months!

Last edited by x_EvoChick_x; Oct 6, 2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 05:43 AM
Evolving Member

ok I have tried several times so I thought I would post video and have you look to see if I am doing it right. Also when I go to press the open direction it gets "jammed" and I have to press close then open again. As show in the video. Please help! I guess Im still happy I finally got it to close though. It was in the tilt position for months!

I'm having a very similar problem to hers, except i heard a loud popping noise and then it sounded like the gears started grinding. it wasnt pretty..... now it's all screwed up. one side will start moving while the other side stays put.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

try this works on toyota when the lose there memory and dont close. close the sunroof in the close position make sure it flush. then unplug the motor you will need to remove the plastic trim an up plug it let it sit for about 5 mins then plug it back and try to reinitialize the roof, happens cause it loses it memory, hope this helps
Old Oct 24, 2010, 08:05 PM

Nice write up mine just started doing this, I will give it a try and hope it works. thank again
Old Dec 24, 2010, 10:16 AM

Didnt works for me because my motor is shot great info
Old Jan 22, 2011, 01:43 PM

when i say press or depress it means the same thing, just activate the switch however you would do make it do what is stated.

silkey you need to take your headliner down, sounds like the screws holding the motor on are loose.

evochick : the only thing i might have seen is when you are closing the roof from the tilt up position you may have hit the close button to many times before the open button, feel free to pm me I'll do everything I can to help

Last edited by ATTAHO; Jan 22, 2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 01:45 PM

You wont ever push the button directly in. only move the switch back and forth. sorry for any confusion.

fyi it took me AT LEAST 7 tries. perseverance is the key lol

Last edited by ATTAHO; Jan 22, 2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 01:47 PM

[QUOTE]try this works on toyota when the lose there memory and dont close. close the sunroof in the close position make sure it flush. then unplug the motor you will need to remove the plastic trim an up plug it let it sit for about 5 mins then plug it back and try to reinitialize the roof, happens cause it loses it memory, hope this helps
Offline/QUOTE]

don't unplug the motor, every time you unplug it you have to re initialize.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bump...this worked for me...after fixing my motor coming loose I had problems with it only closing 1 inch at a time...this method worked for me beautifully Thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:08 AM

Werd! Weird science worked for me. Thanks for the thread dude!
Old Dec 5, 2013, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

bumping this for some help. Whenever I get to the full open or closed position, the motor wants to keep going. Thus grinding gears on the motor.

Should I be holding the open button for 3 seconds when it appears to be in the final open position? As of now I've been pressing it until it wont move anymore, which ends up grinding gears...Help?

Travis

Quick Reply: How to reinitialize a sunroof