Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

How to make a Mini Battery Kit same size as Oddessey.... Fits all Popular Trays.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No matter what anyone tells me, after stupidly running PC680s for 12 years, I am convinced they are basically a disposal battery and are not worth the money. You do the slightest thing wrong with them, like leave a dome light on, and they are permanently damaged. I would go with either the cheapest option available (the one linked in this thread) or step up to a Shorai.

Originally Posted by Ta/Fc1383
I realize that this is a very old thread and that this information is probably out there some where already but in regards to the weight difference of these two batteries the odyssey pc680 is advertised at weighing 15.4 lbs and the battery mentioned in the OP is advertised at 15.35 lbs and currently is still available at the link provided above for $55.94. Those close to half the cost of the odyssey.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 05:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just an update, amazon is selling the ETS mini battery (the same one mentioned here) for under $55 shipped. Just look up CSB HRL1280W.
The following users liked this post:
Zak P (Sep 24, 2020)
Old Aug 31, 2015, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by AristoA
No matter what anyone tells me, after stupidly running PC680s for 12 years, I am convinced they are basically a disposal battery and are not worth the money. You do the slightest thing wrong with them, like leave a dome light on, and they are permanently damaged. I would go with either the cheapest option available (the one linked in this thread) or step up to a Shorai.
what model shorai?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 05:35 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
How to make a Mini Battery Kit same size as Oddessey.... Fits all Popular Trays.

I installed my short route uicp and mini battery yesterday and my positive cables are just too short. Anyone have any pointers to make it stretch?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 07:23 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevin.
I installed my short route uicp and mini battery yesterday and my positive cables are just too short. Anyone have any pointers to make it stretch?
I believe there is at least one harness clip that can be removed to give you some more length. I had to run my harness over my short route pipe to get it to reach the positive terminal. I eventually lengthened that harness when I did a mini-wire tuck.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 09:35 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by terror rising
I believe there is at least one harness clip that can be removed to give you some more length. I had to run my harness over my short route pipe to get it to reach the positive terminal. I eventually lengthened that harness when I did a mini-wire tuck.
Update: I freed up some slack in the engine harness to make it fit on the positive terminal. I removed the metal battery bracket and removed the harness from the clips near the shifter linkages and atop the transmission. Gave me just enough slack to run the harness below the upper pipe, for anyone that may have the same problem.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 09:38 PM

The title of the original post is hilarious! He didn't make anything! I prefer the 925. I've had the same one for a LONG time. Still cranks hard. I actually made my tray from scrap piece of aluminum, with my 925 mounted on its side for short route.

Last edited by fastfam; Sep 2, 2015 at 09:40 PM.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:00 PM

thanks for sharing
Old Nov 24, 2015, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by meenswift
Just an update, amazon is selling the ETS mini battery (the same one mentioned here) for under $55 shipped. Just look up CSB HRL1280W.
sorry to bring this back from the dead, but i purchased the battery on amazon and ordered the odyssey terminals as well but the terminals don't seem to fit. anyone buy the same battery? if so where could i get terminals?

Last edited by Mr. Castle; Nov 24, 2015 at 05:19 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Castle
sorry to bring this back from the dead, but i purchased the battery on amazon and ordered the odyssey terminals as well but the terminals don't seem to fit. anyone buy the same battery? if so where could i get terminals?

I bought the XS power terminals that fit with the amazon battery. I believe the part number is 586 (got it on eBay for under $10 shipped). You will need to get M5 bolts though, as the ones provided are M6.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:51 PM

I bought the XS power terminals that fit with the amazon battery. I believe the part number is 586 (got it on eBay for under $10 shipped). You will need to get M5 bolts though, as the ones provided are M6.
Thanks!
Old May 11, 2017, 06:59 AM

Just an update to anyone still looking for ETS batteries, Amazon no longer has them (not sure if its temporary or permanent). This site sells them and have always seem to have them in stock. Price is around $63 shipped.

https://www.portablepower.com/produc...ery-hrl-1280w/
Old May 11, 2017, 07:01 AM

For the terminals the XS power terminals (586) fit perfectly.

Amazon Amazon

Just keep in mind you will need to swap out the M6 bolts with M5.
Zak P (Sep 24, 2020)
Old Aug 7, 2018, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just an update to anyone still looking for ETS batteries, Amazon no longer has them (not sure if its temporary or permanent). This site sells them and have always seem to have them in stock. Price is around $63 shipped.

https://www.portablepower.com/produc...ery-hrl-1280w/
Thanks @meenswift!!! My ETS battery finally bit the dust and couldn't even order a replacement from ETS since they don't have California as a shipping option. Looks like this is the same exact battery ETS is using!!!

Just ordered and it's on sale at $57.25 right now!!

Zak P (Sep 24, 2020)