Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

How to make a Mini Battery Kit same size as Oddessey.... Fits all Popular Trays.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2011, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to make a Mini Battery Kit same size as Oddessey.... Fits all Popular Trays.

So a couple years ago I set out to make a mini battery. I decided that I would first test it for a few years prior to posting about it. I purchased this battery nearly 3 years ago now and have been using it since. I purchased the battery from:

http://www.zbattery.com/CSB-12V-20Ah...d-Acid-Battery

This was the only battery that I found that had the needed dimensions for an ETS mini battery tray. The reason I found this was after some careful investigation to find that ETS' Battery was indeed a replacement part for this CSB battery. It fits perfectly in and ETS tray but the terminals proved to be a slight issue. I started looking for terminals and amazingly found them locally. Using the bolts supplied with the battery though they are some what small they then hold the terminals on great unless you're a gorilla.

http://www.batteriesplus.com/product...217--0006.aspx

Here is the final product. Hope everyone enjoys their new sub $70 mini batteries.

By the way this so deserves and instant sticky!
Old Feb 4, 2011, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

i'm confused what your point is...you bought a ets mini battery tray, but bought your battery elsewhere?
Old Feb 4, 2011, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by milford
i'm confused what your point is...you bought a ets mini battery tray, but bought your battery elsewhere?
Correct.. I bought the tray used for like 80 bucks but the battery is much cheaper in this form.... Price an odyssey or something and you will understand my point

Not to mention its a much cheaper replacement alternative when those mini batteries start taking a dump..
Old Feb 4, 2011, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

i found a battery for 60 bucks that fit in my ets tray....it was on sale at some no name online joint through amazon
Old Feb 16, 2011, 05:59 PM

wow looks so much cleaner than the big stock one!
Old Feb 28, 2011, 09:38 PM

I did the same thing. I got an ETS battery from a forum owner for like 50 bucks, and got a cheap battery from batteries plus. The guy gave me the terminals off of an odyssey for free.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Just ordered my battery and terms. Total was 72 for battery, and 17 for terminals.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
So everything showed up today. The posts have the wrong size bolt that screws into the battery. So you will have to source the correct bolt from a store somewhere. I dont know if there were different settings on the page that would have provided the correct bolts. So once I hit the hardware store I will post up the thread pitch and type.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How do you rate this compared to the other mini batteries? is it pretty much the same thing without the ridiculous cost or do you notice a drop in performance versus what others say?
Old Oct 23, 2011, 07:21 AM

i think most people do this for the weight savings, what is the weight of that battery vs a oddesey or braille.that may be where the price diff is.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:05 PM

much cleaner
Old Jul 24, 2014, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by evol evo
i think most people do this for the weight savings, what is the weight of that battery vs a oddesey or braille.that may be where the price diff is.
I realize that this is a very old thread and that this information is probably out there some where already but in regards to the weight difference of these two batteries the odyssey pc680 is advertised at weighing 15.4 lbs and the battery mentioned in the OP is advertised at 15.35 lbs and currently is still available at the link provided above for $55.94. Those close to half the cost of the odyssey.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 08:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great info!!
Old Oct 12, 2014, 10:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Was the proper bolt thread pitch and type found? I am going to order the terminals from online but want to make sure they fit properly.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 04:35 PM

Great info man

Quick Reply: How to make a Mini Battery Kit same size as Oddessey.... Fits all Popular Trays.