Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Power Windows help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2011, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Windows help

Hey guys whats up? Well i know you have probably seen a thread like this a hundred times but i did search and came up with a few which might be of help but i am wandering if you guys know of a straight up tutorial that has parts list, pictures, and is clearly written. Just so you know im just saying i used the search function, here are the ones i came up with:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-tos-installations/301695-how-add-power-windows-rs.html ---Prob. the best of the 2 but im not sure if everything is the same for the 06 RS and the pictures have been removed and he has no way of getting them back

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-requests-questions-tips/196334-swapping-power-windows-mirrors-locks-remote-locking-into-rs.html ----Not sure if itll work on the 06 RS as well and many complain of this method not working

So if any of you have done this and have a write up or know of a How To for the 06 RS, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

P.S. Let me know if anyone here is interested in wanting to swap set-ups manual-auto
Old Oct 11, 2011, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

I could write a basic parts list needed to do the power front windows
The rear power conversion is too much work considering that you would need to cut your b-pillar which is what I was told.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

Parts:
Harnesses for both sides
Power door panels and switches
Motors for both sides

Also, once you have the harnesses for the power windows, you can get the switch for the power mirrors and use the oem power mirrors.