Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

E9 COP Kit grommet/seal

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2022, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E9 COP Kit grommet/seal

Let me start off by giving a big shoutout and thanks to this whole forum. I have owned my E9 for three years (I live in the middle of nowhere) and the number of times this forum has saved my *** is probably in double digits. Thank you.

Over to my SpoolinUp COP kit which I have mounted and the car runs just fine. But on the left side of the mounting plate, there’s a small gap that I was able to sneak my phone into and take a picture. There are rubber grommets on each coil, sitting right below the mounting plate. Aren’t these supposed to sit down towards the valve cover to seal from water/dirt? Or am I way off here?

Reached out to both MAP and SpoolinUp and they gave opposing answers. Now I’m hoping you can come to my rescue (once again).

cheers from Norway.

Old May 13, 2022, 11:51 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 382 Likes on 327 Posts
well theyre not mitsubishi parts so the seals arent for this. the whole plate is your seal