Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

FUSE update

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2015, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jasoncd
EDIT: I was able to extract the .package file and un-zip the versions.ini.gz file, and made the changes. Now I just need to figure out how to replace my altered .ini in the package file!

Wow, this sounds really promising! I'm missing though were the versions.ini file is. I've got the update file, which is update.package. Are you guys extracting the files in that package somehow, updating the .ini, and then repackaging? I'm thinking not, and I'm missing something simpler than that.

Any help would be appreciated. The dealer I bought my car from said they'd need my car overnight to do the update. "It takes so long because it's a big file". I have no idea how that would work - leave my car running all night in the shop? Leave it hooked up to a battery tender and let it sit on all night? I got the impression they did not want to do this update for me.

The other dealer I contacted had a sales guy get back to me to talk about putting me in a new car. Sigh.
I opened it using 7zip, when it opened I edited it with notepad and when I closed notepad 7zip automatically threw up a prompt saying the file had been edited do you want to update the package, and I lcicked Yes and it was done.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gh3ttoRoM3o
I opened it using 7zip, when it opened I edited it with notepad and when I closed notepad 7zip automatically threw up a prompt saying the file had been edited do you want to update the package, and I lcicked Yes and it was done.
Ha, that is so much easier than what I was trying to do and it seems to have worked for me! I don't want to scare off the trick or treaters by sitting in my car testing it out, but I can't wait to give it a shot. Thank you!
Old Oct 31, 2015, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

Ha, that is so much easier than what I was trying to do and it seems to have worked for me! I don't want to scare off the trick or treaters by sitting in my car testing it out, but I can't wait to give it a shot. Thank you!
I didn't have that patience lol. I don't have a garage so I sat in my car like a creeper while it installed which took a good 3-5 minutes.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 08:31 PM

EDIT: I was able to extract the .package file and un-zip the versions.ini.gz file, and made the changes. Now I just need to figure out how to replace my altered .ini in the package file!

Wow, this sounds really promising! I'm missing though were the versions.ini file is. I've got the update file, which is update.package. Are you guys extracting the files in that package somehow, updating the .ini, and then repackaging? I'm thinking not, and I'm missing something simpler than that.

Any help would be appreciated. The dealer I bought my car from said they'd need my car overnight to do the update. "It takes so long because it's a big file". I have no idea how that would work - leave my car running all night in the shop? Leave it hooked up to a battery tender and let it sit on all night? I got the impression they did not want to do this update for me.

The other dealer I contacted had a sales guy get back to me to talk about putting me in a new car. Sigh.
If you still need the new file I can try to upload it for you. It definitely does not take very long at all (5-10mins?) , no reason to keep your car overnight.

I like the British voice better lol. The iPod via USB seems much faster, although I haven't fully tested if yet. Before this update my iPod classic 60GB was useless plugged in, now at least it is playing music.

I think the update changes the way data is loaded into the database, before everything was done up front and you had to wait (horrible design for bigger drives/iPods). Now it seems to be loading the database in the background while allowing me to play music. My intial load time sent from 40+ mins to under one minute...
Old Nov 1, 2015, 05:37 AM
Evolving Member

I don't know if it's just me or if it's too early but I had an intermittent problem where sometimes it would take multiple presses of the voice command button to stop the music and prompt me for a voice command. So far it has worked every time, only a day so far though hopefully the update fixed that for me *knock on wood*
Old Nov 1, 2015, 06:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gh3ttoRoM3o
I don't know if it's just me or if it's too early but I had an intermittent problem where sometimes it would take multiple presses of the voice command button to stop the music and prompt me for a voice command. So far it has worked every time, only a day so far though hopefully the update fixed that for me *knock on wood*
I had this problem and it was one of the motivating factors to update. As of last night it started doing this again :/ So apparently that issue hasn't been addressed yet...

Is anyone having trouble using voice commands when saying numbers? I did voice training but maybe I need to do it again.

Last edited by mande110; Nov 1, 2015 at 11:32 AM.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 06:04 PM

I did the update today, thank you Gh3ttoRoM3o! No problems at all. I did some testing before the install with my ipod. First I tested the time to load my ipod on previous version 13. Two minutes on the dot. This is an 80GB classic ipod with 42GB of music on it. I recently installed the nav in the car, I think the previous non-Nav Rockford head unit may have been an older version because it too much longer than that.

After the update, using version 19, the time to start playing music was zero. Music started within 1 or 2 seconds of plugging in the ipod. Unreal compared to what it was.

lancer6ix, I think you're on to something about how the software now handles things. I listen to my ipod on random most often, and while the ipod played immediately with the software update, it would not go into random mode. The way the HU handles random is weird, it seems to assign a new playlist order to all tracks. So when you hit random, it generates a new list of all your songs in random order. I'm guessing it was still indexing in the background and couldn't do this at first. I'll take that trade off, this is the same way Ford's Sync system worked in my old car, and finally we can play music while the software does it's indexing.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 08:40 AM

I did the update today, thank you Gh3ttoRoM3o! No problems at all. I did some testing before the install with my ipod. First I tested the time to load my ipod on previous version 13. Two minutes on the dot. This is an 80GB classic ipod with 42GB of music on it. I recently installed the nav in the car, I think the previous non-Nav Rockford head unit may have been an older version because it too much longer than that.

After the update, using version 19, the time to start playing music was zero. Music started within 1 or 2 seconds of plugging in the ipod. Unreal compared to what it was.

lancer6ix, I think you're on to something about how the software now handles things. I listen to my ipod on random most often, and while the ipod played immediately with the software update, it would not go into random mode. The way the HU handles random is weird, it seems to assign a new playlist order to all tracks. So when you hit random, it generates a new list of all your songs in random order. I'm guessing it was still indexing in the background and couldn't do this at first. I'll take that trade off, this is the same way Ford's Sync system worked in my old car, and finally we can play music while the software does it's indexing.
My ipod classic loaded the database after about 40 minutes of continuous driving yesterday - I was able to access all the playlists and the random button was working. When I got back in my car though, the playlists were gone and random stopp working!

Now it takes about 20-25minutes of driving before it really loads properly (although it plays songs in order from where I was when the car shut off). I had noticed before the Fuse is usually quicker if you have a small amount of playlists on your iPod - I might try to take some off and see how it goes.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by horizmatic
9, 11, 18.

18 version include English, French, Spanish, Italian, German,
Dutch, Portuguese and Russian languages.
The links above are dead so I browsed the site to see if they were still available. At the bottom of this page:

http://mmc-manuals.ru/Audio:_Files

I found Software for Handsfree Module which lists versions 9, 11 & 18 - but also a version 19? Does anyone know anything about 19? There is no mention of it here:

http://mitsubishi-en-us.visteonhands...softwareupdate
Old May 23, 2016, 06:32 PM

Where in the world is this file?

Originally Posted by mande110
This worked great!!! I am now on version 18!! Just a heads up though this does change the english accent to a British one (depending where you found your file), which sounds cooler anyway. This solved my problem
Where is this versions.ini.gz file? I cannot find it to download anywhere.
Old May 31, 2016, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lancer6ix
The reason nobody can update to v18 (or any version after v9) - Is that it looks like the newer software packages online are incompatible (maybe it is a bug in their software or region code or because Mitsubishi wants you to go into the dealer to install), that's why everyone keeps getting the "no file" error.

This is the fix in versions.ini:

Broken/Locked:
2 = CheckLabel,"JCI_DNA_PART_NUMBER",1,"2222222"

Fixed:
2 = CheckLabel,"JCI_DNA_PART_NUMBER",1,"1111111"

Saved it and tried on my car and was able to update (FINALLY!)
This works great! Thank You

Where is this versions.ini.gz file? I cannot find it to download anywhere.
http://mmc-manuals.ru/Audio:_Files

At the bottom click "Software for Hands Free Module"
Old Sep 25, 2016, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
maybe too much to ask, but i have a 2014 GSR with NAV.

Would anyone do me a favor and link it to me the updates to my NAV unit, and explain and attach the necessary files how to update my nav?
I am kind of confused about this update issue and how it works.

here is how my nav unit looks like :

Old Mar 13, 2017, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by horizmatic
Can you check 9.0.0 update file? I mean download it, copy "update.package" to FAT32 flash drive and check is "update button" appear. But do not apply update if version of your SF is 9.0.0 or bellow.
Why do you warn against installing for version < 9.0.0 and what do you mean by SF?

I have 8785A025 HW v8.0.0 and SW v8.0.0, it's dropping BT Audio all the time.

Thanks
Old Mar 22, 2017, 03:45 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by lancer6ix
The reason nobody can update to v18 (or any version after v9) - Is that it looks like the newer software packages online are incompatible (maybe it is a bug in their software or region code or because Mitsubishi wants you to go into the dealer to install), that's why everyone keeps getting the "no file" error.

This is the fix in versions.ini:

Broken/Locked:
2 = CheckLabel,"JCI_DNA_PART_NUMBER",1,"2222222"

Fixed:
2 = CheckLabel,"JCI_DNA_PART_NUMBER",1,"1111111"

Saved it and tried on my car and was able to update (FINALLY!)
Wow this worked great!! Had some problems at first because I couldn't get my Mac to open the file so I busted out the work laptop pc and done! Updated my wife's lancer to version 19! Got tired of hearing her complain about BT connectivity issues LOL
Old Feb 22, 2018, 08:56 AM
LGM

Im looking for the US version of the 18.9, can someone help me out please? Thank you.

Quick Reply: FUSE update