Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

How to make the passenger seat the driver's seat

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2018, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
My guess it that since you have a IX the bolts or thread locker changed. The bolts in the VIII seats are very strange, so hard to drill but so soft as to not hold the hex shape but instead round. Once the heads were drilled and the slider removed the remaining stub didn't require exception effort to turn out.

So, yeah, great information, if doing IX seats the bolt problem may no longer be present.
Old May 13, 2018, 08:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by barneyb
Did you swap the seatback fabric and foam? I also wanted to do that and that's what stymied me, I couldn't remove the shoulder harness plastic inserts. I did a lot of probing with a screwdriver but no joy. Fortunately, the seat backs are identical and can be swapped.
yes sir, I did indeed do the seatback fabric and foam as well, the shoulder harness inserts just need to be yanked apart with some force and will eventually pop out. the rip was actually in a seatback bolster so it was easier and cleaner to stitch it up from the inside.

Cheers!

Last edited by pooster.online; May 13, 2018 at 08:33 PM.