Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

EVO 8/9 Block Heater Install

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
EVO 8/9 Block Heater Install

I used a KATs 13080 Engine block heater, drilled and tapped a couple holes in the frame just in front of the transmission:

Welded 10AN bung into the bottom of my radiator for the heater feed line.

NOTE the oil pan pad style heater that didn't work worth cr@p

Used a dorman 'T' to connect back into the cooling system at the heater hose

This setup works awesome Switched on at 3am via a timer, my car is at 120 degrees when I leave for work at 5am. On cold days it makes a huge difference on scraping ice, start the car, turn defrosters on high and the ice just about falls off by the time I get outside with a scraper.

The following users liked this post:
Kevin Troy (Jan 15, 2019)
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
This is awesome! Luckily coldest it gets here is mid 30s and it doesn't snow or anything(in California), but I've thought about adding one of these for those trips up to the snow.
Do you have an oil temp gauge as well? I'd be curious how long it takes for the oil to heat up after the coolant warms the block.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Fox_IX
This is awesome! Luckily coldest it gets here is mid 30s and it doesn't snow or anything(in California), but I've thought about adding one of these for those trips up to the snow.
Do you have an oil temp gauge as well? I'd be curious how long it takes for the oil to heat up after the coolant warms the block.
I don't have an oil temp gauge so not sure - I have been using it all winter and love having instant heat when I get up at 5am for work.

John-
Old Mar 8, 2019, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts
Nice integration, love this. Thanks for sharing.