EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo How Tos / Installations (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-tos-installations-82/)
-   -   06 mr 3 acd lights (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-tos-installations/695299-06-mr-3-acd-lights.html)

meric Jul 14, 2014 06:25 AM

06 mr 3 acd lights

I have not found a thread about what pins to jump on the obd connector to cause flashes. I ended up finding something I think was for a x but was very unclear said to jump 1 and 4 to cause flashes.

corey54321 Jul 14, 2014 01:51 PM

3 lights means acd pump is not running usually

MRblack06 Jul 14, 2014 06:40 PM

check acd reservoir, could easily be low on fluid which has happened to me some how in the past once. if so just stop at a mitsu stealership and spend un necessary amounts of money on a qt of acd specific fluid

meric Jul 15, 2014 04:24 AM

Pump is definitely not running not low on fluid at all. I checked all the obvious issues but does anyone know how to pull codes by flashing. I just want to make sure I do everything I can before I pull this unit out of the car. What pins need to be jumped so I can pull codes. I am not new to turning wrenches. Please assist.

corey54321 Jul 15, 2014 02:48 PM

have u bleed the acd pump air can sometimes get into it causing the problem. also is the a dd being run in rain/ snow? also what state you from? also only thing that could go bad would probly be the sensor or the dc motor. also I was not able to find parts for the acd pump from mits . I'm willing to bet the pump needs a rebuild due to corrosion. some guy makes a kit for the acd pump to rebuild it https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-acd-pump.html

kaj Jul 15, 2014 03:49 PM

if you haven't yet, try to bleed the system. note: be sure to hit the gas pedal one last time before closing it up for good, THEN top off the fluid. 99% of the time, that's the issue.

Ryan.Kauz Jul 15, 2014 04:14 PM

Also, the relay for the ACD was recalled in about 2008. Usually the dealership will swap relays with the newer relay for you if they perform the service.

corey54321 Jul 15, 2014 06:39 PM

also make sure the fuses on the positive battery terminal is good forgot that

meric Jul 16, 2014 04:31 AM

Can't bleed system as the pump does not run at all. Been raining like crazy so I haven't been able to test the fuse on the positive battery cable. I live in jersey and I do dd but not so much in the snow. I understand the pumps corrode causing lower pressure which causes these lights to come on. Hopefully stops raining today and I can run some tests. This does not solve my issue as to which pins I need to jump to pull fault codes from pump.

kaj Jul 16, 2014 08:52 AM

Oh, so it has no power?

NornIron91 Jul 19, 2014 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by meric (Post 11257998)
Can't bleed system as the pump does not run at all. Been raining like crazy so I haven't been able to test the fuse on the positive battery cable. I live in jersey and I do dd but not so much in the snow. I understand the pumps corrode causing lower pressure which causes these lights to come on. Hopefully stops raining today and I can run some tests. This does not solve my issue as to which pins I need to jump to pull fault codes from pump.

Bridge pins 1 and 4 on the OBDII with a paperclip to pull the code

BoostNY Jul 22, 2014 06:47 PM

If you're curious what it looks like when you do jumper the pins -

Good luck man. I went through this issue a few months back. Took a $450 used pump off ebay and a $200 rebuild kit to fix the problem. Still much cheaper than a new pump through mits.

meric Jul 23, 2014 06:22 AM

Great thank you for your assistance when o get some time i will play with the car

Evilutiondreamz Aug 23, 2014 06:47 PM

Im gonna have to use some of this advice I got the 3 lights on my VIII

Nyaim Aug 29, 2014 08:28 PM

sorry to hijack, but what if none of my three lights are on? the bulbs arent burnt cause i checked...