Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Derock2, you have a PM.
Thx!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please PM me a decent HD Twin Disk clutch for 520hp + applications to 87144. I currently have the Exedy Street twin disk and it only lasted me 20K miles on very mild driving. There is a person here on EVOM with a quartermaster HD that only lasted him 7000 miles! I'm looking for something a bit more robust. Thanks
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:19 PM

Price to 81631 business? With 5 speed HRB!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by greatgonzer
Please PM me a decent HD Twin Disk clutch for 520hp + applications to 87144. I currently have the Exedy Street twin disk and it only lasted me 20K miles on very mild driving. There is a person here on EVOM with a quartermaster HD that only lasted him 7000 miles! I'm looking for something a bit more robust. Thanks
Greatgonzer, you have a PM. The old QM's are known to go out quick and were hard on engagment. That's not the case with the newer style. I have a QM 8-leg on my Evo 9 that's DD that's also tracked too, and I've never had a problem.

Originally Posted by eaneumann
Price to 81631 business? With 5 speed HRB!
Eaneumann, you have a PM.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:05 AM
Former Sponsor

The season is here! Looking for a clutch? Let us know as we have a variety of clutches available to fit every need.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 03:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Bump!

Quarter Master clutches for DSM's, Evo 8/9 and Evo X clutches are available. Contact us for pricing and details.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Pm price for QM 8-leg race clutch to 93065, and it comes with the flywheel i assume? ... Another quick question for you, can the HRB be used on clutches other than the QM?

Last edited by OZrallyracer; Apr 24, 2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Recently purchased this clutch from BP and I'll I can say is their customer service is excellent! Very competitive pricing, warp-speed shipment and overall great communication!

Regarding this clutch, it is my first twin disc and...it's going to take some getting used too! Very touchy on take off (unless you are launching--which is what it ultimately wants!). I've stalled my Evo half a dozen times already. There is some chatter when the clutch pedal is pushed in, but it is definitely tolerable. The shifts are smooth as butter--instant engagement. Overall I am vey happy with this setup.

Thanks BP!
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by OZrallyracer
Pm price for QM 8-leg race clutch to 93065, and it comes with the flywheel i assume? ... Another quick question for you, can the HRB be used on clutches other than the QM?
You have a PM.

Originally Posted by 1QYK9
Recently purchased this clutch from BP and I'll I can say is their customer service is excellent! Very competitive pricing, warp-speed shipment and overall great communication!

Regarding this clutch, it is my first twin disc and...it's going to take some getting used too! Very touchy on take off (unless you are launching--which is what it ultimately wants!). I've stalled my Evo half a dozen times already. There is some chatter when the clutch pedal is pushed in, but it is definitely tolerable. The shifts are smooth as butter--instant engagement. Overall I am vey happy with this setup.

Thanks BP!
Thanks 1Q1K9
Glad you're enjoying your clutch. Took me a few times too to get use to it as well, but I found that sweet spot around 2K, and love driving around everyday. The noise when the clutch pedal is pressed is typical of any twin disc, and is very tolerable.

Let us know when you hit the track and launch her!!
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Hello, I have some questions about my new setup (I apologize if they are naive/ignorant):

1. I know that this setup is not quite, but are there any noises I should be especially concerned about? I hear chatter upon disengaging the clutch, during the initial take off, when downshifting, etc.
2. I've been trying to feather the clutch when initially taking off (not launching). The clutch doesn't seem to like that approach. Do I need to stop being a puss and let out the clutch more aggressively (not side stepping)?
3. I can smell the clutch/tranny at certain times (mostly on take off). Is this simply apart of the break-in?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by 1QYK9; Apr 30, 2012 at 05:38 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Boostin Perform
The street version has a lighter flywheel and is ideal for daily driving, as it's smoother than the race version. I have the race version and drive my Evo 9 daily.

You have a PM
Is this correct, the street version has a lighter flywheel? Can you please PM me a price shipped to 29687?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Trigger390
Is this correct, the street version has a lighter flywheel? Can you please PM me a price shipped to 29687?
I thought it was the other way around.
Old May 1, 2012, 07:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1QYK9
Hello, I have some questions about my new setup (I apologize if they are naive/ignorant):

1. I know that this setup is not quite, but are there any noises I should be especially concerned about? I hear chatter upon disengaging the clutch, during the initial take off, when downshifting, etc.
2. I've been trying to feather the clutch when initially taking off (not launching). The clutch doesn't seem to like that approach. Do I need to stop being a puss and let out the clutch more aggressively (not side stepping)?
3. I can smell the clutch/tranny at certain times (mostly on take off). Is this simply apart of the break-in?

Thanks for your help!
1. The noise you are hearing is the clutch slipping. This noise will get quitter when the clutch is broken in. Once you get the hang of things, you should be able to take off with little to no chatter.
2. Find the engagement point and hold it - the clutch will do the rest. Don't release all the way like you would on a stock clutch, but there's no need to ride it out either.
3. THESE CLUTCHES DO NOT SMELL!! Even when they slip they don't smell. If you smell something I would look at the axle seal right above the downpipe. When that guy leaks, the fluid burns off on the downpipe.

Originally Posted by Trigger390
-The street flywheel is heavier in weight, but feels lighter on engagement. The extra weight in the street flywheel is mostly added out by the ring gear. This gives the engine more momentum between power strokes, resulting in smoother clutch engagement, and even a smoother idle. The race version is super light, but I always recommend the street version to anyone that drives primarily on the street.

Trigger, you have a PM

Last edited by Boostin Perform; May 1, 2012 at 08:04 AM.
Old May 1, 2012, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boostin Perform
1. The noise you are hearing is the clutch slipping. This noise will get quitter when the clutch is broken in. Once you get the hang of things, you should be able to take off with little to no chatter.
2. Find the engagement point and hold it - the clutch will do the rest. Don't release all the way like you would on a stock clutch, but there's no need to ride it out either.
3. THESE CLUTCHES DO NOT SMELL!! Even when they slip they don't smell. If you smell something I would look at the axle seal right above the downpipe. When that guy leaks, the fluid burns off on the downpipe.
Thanks for the feedback! Ive all but gotten the initial take off down, with the exception of taking off on an incline! Feels like I am learning to drive a clutch all over again.

The smell has occured only during take off (especially on an incline) when i let out the clutch. I've check axle and other seals--no issues. No oil under the car from any sort of leak.
Old May 1, 2012, 09:48 PM

Clutch

Price for clutch sent to 98671 thanks

Quick Reply: ***Quarter Master 8 Leg Clutch Special*** ***Blowout Pricing***