Notices
Evo 'For Sale' Exterior Styling Includes spoilers, body kits, tail lights, gauges, shift knobs, and other styling components.

Introducing: 42 Draft Designs EVO Triple Gauge Panels!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2005, 01:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evan,
Will your panel fit 52 mm defi link gauges? Do you have the panel in stock right now? PM me and let me know.
Kevin
Old Jul 21, 2005, 01:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by elpedro
Mercedes-Benz uses VDO guages in all their cars...
So what.......and your point being??
Old Jul 21, 2005, 05:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EX-STI GUY
Evan,
Will your panel fit 52 mm defi link gauges? Do you have the panel in stock right now? PM me and let me know.
Kevin
Kevin - the panel will fit the Defi 52mm gauges. However, due to the way the center console is shaped the extra trim ring on the gauge will not fit. There's some pictures of this floating around somewhere.

The panels are not in stock I am sorry to say. Our first batch sold! I have another 100 cut and waiting to be cleaned up and sent to paint. Unfortunately we are short on employees again, so I am thinking 2 weeks currently. We are recovering this week from Waterfest, thge biggest VW show of the season.

Sorry for the delay guys. Believe me, I do not like not having things in stock.

Evan
Old Jul 22, 2005, 11:50 PM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
bump for great items and a great vendor !!! Hey btw can you send me one more red LED for my boost gauge...?

http://public.fotki.com/evodave/my_e.../dsc00509.html

http://public.fotki.com/evodave/my_e.../dsc00520.html
Old Jul 26, 2005, 05:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Sure Dave, I'll sent one out today

Panels are currently at the paint shop, so we should be back in stock within a week. I think I am going to start a new thread when we get them back in stock.

Evan
Old Aug 1, 2005, 12:09 AM
Evolving Member

Has anyone (or 42) tried to install this panel in the lower radio relocation kit, like where the factory option gauges are installed? I have a DVD in the upper spot, which i cannot relocate to the bottom.

I'm just wondering how close it will fit.. it looks like there might be a little less room for gauges with wider bezels, but a little dremel or sanding might fix any of those fitment issues...
Old Aug 1, 2005, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sackett
Has anyone (or 42) tried to install this panel in the lower radio relocation kit, like where the factory option gauges are installed? I have a DVD in the upper spot, which i cannot relocate to the bottom.

I'm just wondering how close it will fit.. it looks like there might be a little less room for gauges with wider bezels, but a little dremel or sanding might fix any of those fitment issues...
I messed around with my panel before I installed it in the radio location and I thought it would work fine in the lower location (just a little low). I have the original VW piece that does not sit flush in the upper spot but I think it should work better in the bottom spot. It fit very nicely into the mitsubishi radio relocation piece when I was test fitting it. So my suggestion would be to get the VW piece which is black (not painted like new Evo piece) and about a 1/3 of the price.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:35 AM
Former Sponsor

We've never tried, but I don't think it will fit. The panel we've designed for the EVO upper console installs from the back. It has a pretty wide flange on the back which holds it in place. This is not the type of panel which can be installed from the front.

I have never actually had one of the radio relocation kits in my hands, so I cannot attest to the way a panel will fit in the piece. As Bullfrg found, I do think our VW panel would be better suited. The dimensions of the VW panel are:

Our triple gauge panel was designed to fit the mk4 Volkswagen. However, it's dimensions mimic that of a typical "DIN" sized radio. For universal applications both panels measure 7 7/16" x 2 5/16" x 5/16". The gauge holes measure 2 1/16" in diameter and the recesses measure 2 3/16" in diameter. In metric units the panel measures 187.6mm x 58mm x 7.5mm.

I have an EVO coming in soon for me to do some R&D on. I have a few new gauge options that I am thinking about pursueing. I may take a look into this gauge location then

Evan
Old Aug 1, 2005, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

So how exactly does the VW panel mount?

and if you are looking into new designs, how about this one:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...chmentid=50585

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...chmentid=51033

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...0&page=6&pp=40

Another memember began making these, then flaked out. I think it is a pretty good design, and i know that there are many more people wanting to buy these.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 03:23 PM

just ordered the stewart warner boost, oil temp and oil pressure cant wait to get them ill post a pic once there in.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

well while you have your dash apart, can you do us a favor and check out how the panel would fit in the lower relocation kit, and possibly take some pics w/gauges installed there?
Old Aug 2, 2005, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Also interested in the gauge panel if it fits in the lower radio relocation spot, or even better if you guys decide to build that fiberglass 2 gauge design.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 08:41 PM
Former Sponsor

I'll take a further look into it

Evan
Old Aug 2, 2005, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

ordered my panel back around the 1st week of July and it was here within days as promised! i was also very impressed with the craftsmanship of the panel, for some reason i was expecting something not as nice as what i received! thanks Evan. bump for a great vendor and an awesome product!
Old Aug 3, 2005, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Did read somewhere that the VDO gauges come with white faces too? I have the black ones in perfect condition thanks to 42's older panel design and am thinking about switching my regular gauge faces to white.....matching vdo gauges would be excellent.

Quick Reply: Introducing: 42 Draft Designs EVO Triple Gauge Panels!