Notices

Apex'i Power FC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2003, 05:15 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power FC does install like a piggyback - it is a 100% replacement ecu, which plugs into your factory ecu harness (no wiring needed at all).

Where this differs from the UTEC is that this is active at all RPM points, whereas the UTEC is referenced by TPS.

The price quoted above includes both the ecu as well as the handheld commander - we would not sell the ecu without the commander as its then not tunable as you mentioned.
Old Oct 11, 2003, 05:41 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
After doing alot of research, I'm really impressed with the PowerFC and I'm glad the commander is packaged with it.

I've learned that its important to do the research so you don't end up regretting your purchase. I'm certain that anyone who gets the PowerFC will not regret it. What about the boost control? Does it control the solenoid in its base form, but allows you to upgrade to their Boost control solenoid?

I know I'm asking alot of questions, but I'm certain that these would be the questions that anyone would ask once they learn more about the product and begin to wonder what its capable of.

I do know of a third party product that plugs inline with the FC Commander and its software allows you to do true data logging, save and load configurations, and tune all the configurable parameters. I'll post the link if anyone is interested..
Old Oct 11, 2003, 05:57 PM
Account Disabled

In its base form, no the PFC does not control boost. That optin is available with the purchase of the seperate solenoid, which would then take the place of an auxiliary boost controller you might already have or plan to get.

the NZ software is quite nice, and I actually emailed them about possibly offering it in the future.
Old Oct 11, 2003, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

i dont know much about all this computer stuff but is this better than the aem unit?
Old Oct 11, 2003, 07:17 PM
Account Disabled

Thats the thing witht hese ecu's - especially standalone units - there is no better or worse, its down to getting one either you (or your tuner) are comfortable tuning.

Personally speaking I have used just about every standalone out there at this point on a wide variety of cars - I have ones I prefer to others for a variety of reasons, mainly due to how I thought I could could best make use of certain fucntions for my own car(s), not for what they did on a particualr car (if that makes sense!).

Though the AEM is not out just yet 9coming very soon though), and having used both units before, I think both are excellent ecu options, but again, realize that you need a solid understanding of tuning before attemtpting either one of these - otherwise you run the risk of buyin a $1000 + self destruct box
Old Oct 11, 2003, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

yea true well thanks for the answer! will the aem be able to eleminate the maf ?
Old Apr 20, 2004, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

I hate digging up an old thread but do you sell the L-Jetro? If so, how long is the wait if one is ordered?

Have they fixed the fan issue with the car running a bit hot?

And finally, would this be a good alternative for someone who doesn't like piggybacks but doesn't want the hassle of a very complicated AEM system for their daily driver?

Thanks.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 02:00 PM
Account Disabled

yes we do sell them - you can read about them on our site here:

http://z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model...gmt&prodid=611

ships in about 2-3 days

We have a D Jetro in stock right now as well