Notices
Evo 'For Sale' Miscellaneous Includes model cars, apparel, decals, and other miscellaneous items.

Evo Headlight Blackout / Paint service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2004, 10:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check them out on white...

Old Aug 9, 2004, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

thats my car
and I will tell ya these guys did one hell of a job. For 4.5 hours of labor they are asking for peanuts at 100 a pop for lights. Act quick and get on these fast before the price goes up to normal levels. This is a steal. And after I saw how labor intensive it was hell, I felt bad to just give them $100
Old Aug 9, 2004, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post pics of the BBY from farther away if possible
Old Aug 9, 2004, 08:02 PM
Former Sponsor

ATTENTION

We've had a set cause severe condensation! We will be using a new sealant and much more of it. We warranty all lights against condensing - so obviously we apologized to the customer and we'll be paying for shipping and we'll be fixing the problem free of charge.

Just wanted to keep you updated. This is kind of a new thing so we'd like to keep everyone in the loop and keep providing good customer service even when problems arise.

Thanks again.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AMSTuning.com
ATTENTION

We've had a set cause severe condensation! We will be using a new sealant and much more of it. We warranty all lights against condensing - so obviously we apologized to the customer and we'll be paying for shipping and we'll be fixing the problem free of charge.

Just wanted to keep you updated. This is kind of a new thing so we'd like to keep everyone in the loop and keep providing good customer service even when problems arise.

Thanks again.
I hope it still looks as clean as the pic of the yellow evo. That seal on that looks like factory. I just sen't mine in today and requested for satin/flat black. Hope it looks good.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is very good service...I need to pop off my bumper...
Old Aug 10, 2004, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Yea, it's my blue by you that has condensation, really bad at night time but during the day it looks amazing. I will take pictures later today... At night both foggs up, but Mike at AMS was very good at replying and will take care of everything for me.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Here you guys go:

Originally Posted by inphluence
Yea, it's my blue by you that has condensation, really bad at night time but during the day it looks amazing. I will take pictures later today... At night both foggs up, but Mike at AMS was very good at replying and will take care of everything for me.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 04:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Here's what we think happened:

We had done several lights without any issues. We then ran out of the sealant we were using, so went to the store and they no longer sold what we were using, so we bought something similar from a different manufacturer....now some issues pop up. So, not saying that is 100% the problem, but it certainly seems to have something to do with it. It also may be due to us trying to make the new sealant beed as clean and not noticable as possible.

So today we did another set of lights, used a different sealant, and also tried another method of sealing them to ensure there was no chance of any problems.

So, we're hoping an expecting no other issues with the sealing of the lights. We whole-heartedly apologize to anyone that experienced any condensation in their lights, and we promise that the matter will be fixed, any costs involed in the repair will be covered, and you'll be enjoying fog free lights in no time.

The absolute last thing we want are unhappy customers. We strive to please, and will do all in our power to ensure a happy customer.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AMSTuning.com
Here's what we think happened:

We had done several lights without any issues. We then ran out of the sealant we were using, so went to the store and they no longer sold what we were using, so we bought something similar from a different manufacturer....now some issues pop up. So, not saying that is 100% the problem, but it certainly seems to have something to do with it. It also may be due to us trying to make the new sealant beed as clean and not noticable as possible.

So today we did another set of lights, used a different sealant, and also tried another method of sealing them to ensure there was no chance of any problems.

So, we're hoping an expecting no other issues with the sealing of the lights. We whole-heartedly apologize to anyone that experienced any condensation in their lights, and we promise that the matter will be fixed, any costs involed in the repair will be covered, and you'll be enjoying fog free lights in no time.

The absolute last thing we want are unhappy customers. We strive to please, and will do all in our power to ensure a happy customer.
Great to hear we're getting great customer service. My lights should be there tomorrow. Please give me a call when they get there. Hope it turns out good. Thanks

- Rich
Old Aug 10, 2004, 07:31 PM
Former Sponsor

This is a new service; we'll be doing our best to make sure that even a slightest problem occurs you can contact us and get a free repair.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 08:51 PM

Looks great. I met you guys at the Pepsi/DUB thing a couple Saturdays ago. I'm Roy/ThaJones' brother Jeff. I saw the V8Hunter car and it's very, very slick. I'm impressed with the work--soon as I get an EVO I'm heading up your way!
Old Aug 10, 2004, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

AMS=Impeccable customer service
Old Aug 17, 2004, 04:09 AM
Evolved Member

please pm me about this. Is is possible to color match the lightning yellow for the lights? Any examples of pix for color matching to the body? So it looks like those 360 headlights
Old Aug 17, 2004, 05:36 AM
Former Sponsor

We haven't done a single set that is color matched; everyone wants the black MR-looking headlights.

Quick Reply: Evo Headlight Blackout / Paint service