Notices

AWD Motorsports Speed Density Package Pricing!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2009, 08:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ttt
Old Sep 28, 2009, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Does weather, humidity effect SD tunes? Where I live the weather doesn't stay the same at all. One day it can be 105 with 20% humidity and the next day 85 with 100% humidity.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 09:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Yamahar1
Does weather, humidity effect SD tunes? Where I live the weather doesn't stay the same at all. One day it can be 105 with 20% humidity and the next day 85 with 100% humidity.
Thats the benefit of the SD with tuning off the AIT it will not have much affect at all with weather changes.. all of my speed density cars run great cold or hot weather with the same tune...

Mike
Old Oct 16, 2009, 06:27 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will some of the profits of this kit go to the people who worked on coding this?
Old Oct 16, 2009, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 0xDEAD
Will some of the profits of this kit go to the people who worked on coding this?
Not trying to be an *** in any way but that is a great great question!

A lot of people (cough cough) give a lot of time to help the community.

Last edited by phenem; Oct 16, 2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 09:30 PM
Former Sponsor

At the pricing we have been offering everyone no i haven't set aside for a % for anyone else.. Certainly I can raise the cost slightly to allow for a % to donate.. I offered this kit to try and help guys out. We arent making a killing.. We dont manufacture the parts.. I assumed that by selling just 2 pieces of hardware which is used in every AEM was just a parts sales.. I guess i can speak with the tuner about donations for each of the tunes.. I dont want to force customers buying 2 pieces of hardware to have to pay more $$.. I Think its more fair to charge a % on the tuning end personally..

Also we dont do remote tuning so someone has to tune the cars we sell the 2 parts for..
Old Oct 16, 2009, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I was wondering if this conversion was possible. I may not live in Florida but im still excited it exhists!
Old Oct 17, 2009, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
At the pricing we have been offering everyone no i haven't set aside for a % for anyone else.. Certainly I can raise the cost slightly to allow for a % to donate.. I offered this kit to try and help guys out. We arent making a killing.. We dont manufacture the parts.. I assumed that by selling just 2 pieces of hardware which is used in every AEM was just a parts sales.. I guess i can speak with the tuner about donations for each of the tunes.. I dont want to force customers buying 2 pieces of hardware to have to pay more $$.. I Think its more fair to charge a % on the tuning end personally..

Also we dont do remote tuning so someone has to tune the cars we sell the 2 parts for..
Understandable on the parts side. I don't care about that, but since you put it that way the tuner in no way should be making money on charging extra to convert to SD. That would go against the open source act making it illegal to charge for someone else's work. If he is charging just for his tune then fine. But if he is specifically charging for converting to SD as well as his tune then I do not agree.

That would be like me taking open office and having someone create a document that took them hours to make (spreadsheet for example) then distributing it as open source and free. Then I take that and charge to put it on someones computer, can't do that.

It was late and I just got mad that someone was going to charge for all the work that others have done and spend hours and hours of their time working on for others to profit from.

Another thing you have to worry about is, if something happens to the customers car because of one of these modifications that is not fully tested, they would have a very appealing case in court.

Does anyone else have an issue with something like this?

Maybe Tephra and others should put this into an open source project making it illegal for anyone but the individuals themselves to install or implement this into their cars?
Old Oct 17, 2009, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

edit: sorry there were (2) threads on this...my posts are in the other one
Old Oct 17, 2009, 09:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by phenem
Understandable on the parts side. I don't care about that, but since you put it that way the tuner in no way should be making money on charging extra to convert to SD. That would go against the open source act making it illegal to charge for someone else's work. If he is charging just for his tune then fine. But if he is specifically charging for converting to SD as well as his tune then I do not agree.

That would be like me taking open office and having someone create a document that took them hours to make (spreadsheet for example) then distributing it as open source and free. Then I take that and charge to put it on someones computer, can't do that.

It was late and I just got mad that someone was going to charge for all the work that others have done and spend hours and hours of their time working on for others to profit from.

Another thing you have to worry about is, if something happens to the customers car because of one of these modifications that is not fully tested, they would have a very appealing case in court.

Does anyone else have an issue with something like this?

Maybe Tephra and others should put this into an open source project making it illegal for anyone but the individuals themselves to install or implement this into their cars?
We are NOT charging for the SD patch at all.. We are charging for Parts and our labor to tune the SD.. The PATCH is Free on here.. Who would even pay for us to sell them whats free.. that doesnt make sense..

Mike
Old Oct 17, 2009, 09:24 AM
Former Sponsor

I agree with you guys, and i do apologize. I failed to mention credit towards the ecu developers in this thread. I have expressed my appreciation to them in many ecu related topics. But again, i failed to mention it in this thread. We are in no way trying to take credit for the patch, we are simply offering the service. I have donated to the developers in the past, and my original plan was to set aside money from each SD conversion to serve as a donation, but i wanted to keep a fair price. Let me give you guys the break down so you can see that we really are not profiting off of this.

price is $599
-$150 for the parts.
-$50 for the installation of the map sensor, welding and installation of AIT sensor, and wiring into ecu.
-$100 dyno time
-$300 Full custom tune. not just converting to SD. this includes 3-4 hours of road tuning, followed by dyno for WOT tuning.

We charge $350 for a standard tune. Subtract the $200 from the SD package for parts and labor. you are left with a $400 tune. there is $50 left on the table which accounts for the 3-4 extra hours of tuning involved in SD. I think that is pretty fair.

We are not selling the patch that was created by someone else. the patch is free, and readily available to everyone. Its the tuning that is involved in getting the car to run correctly. To those that may not be familiar with the patch, so you know, you cannot simply load the patch and be on your way. the car has to be logged, tuned, logged, tuned over and over until everything is in check. Now if it was just a matter of loading the map, charging the customer and sending them on there way, that would be a whole different story.

Again, i apologize for the lack of credit to the developers in this thread. i will change that asap. thanks for your time..

-diiirk
Old Oct 17, 2009, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

will u get better gas miles switching to s/d?
Old Oct 17, 2009, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Fair enough

However I don't want to burst the bubble here, there are known issues with the SD implementation. Whether some of your customers have not said they are having issues or not something to say it has 0 issues. Many people in the SD thread are having issues with different cars, mostly 8's. Just want you to know that before you go doing it and people need to come back for re-tunes because of issues that still need figured out. It is not really ready for the "retail" type market yet, if that makes sense.

In the v7 thread tephra and I posted up, we clearly state that you must know what you are doing when converting to SD and to read the SD thread on implementation so you understand what is going on. No including in that thread there are people having issues with temperature change and other things. Do what you want but I am just letting you know because I am the one testing this stuff and am experiencing weird things as well.

Last edited by phenem; Oct 17, 2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 09:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by phenem
Fair enough

However I don't want to burst the bubble here, there are known issues with the SD implementation. Whether some of your customers have not said they are having issues or not something to say it has 0 issues. Many people in the SD thread are having issues with different cars, mostly 8's. Just want you to know that before you go doing it and people need to come back for re-tunes because of issues that still need figured out. It is not really ready for the "retail" type market yet, if that makes sense.

In the v7 thread tephra and I posted up, we clearly state that you must know what you are doing when converting to SD and to read the SD thread on implementation so you understand what is going on. No including in that thread there are people having issues with temperature change and other things. Do what you want but I am just letting you know because I am the one testing this stuff and am experiencing weird things as well.
You didnt Burst our bubble.. We NEVER said SD has 0 issues.. we said..

"Atmospheric BOV's, various intakes, forward facing turbo kits, etc.. are all possible now with the speed density conversion, with 0 issues."

That means the above stated common issues Before SD are no longer an issue..

Thanks!!!

Mike
Old Oct 17, 2009, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
You didnt Burst our bubble.. We NEVER said SD has 0 issues.. we said..

"Atmospheric BOV's, various intakes, forward facing turbo kits, etc.. are all possible now with the speed density conversion, with 0 issues."

That means the above stated common issues Before SD are no longer an issue..

Thanks!!!

Mike
Dude I am not arguing with you, I am the one helping make all this stuff possible, why question me! You must know more. I am done with this thread.

I was just trying to help out and say there are issues. Your statement when you dig down to the specifics might be somewhat true. The issues experienced fair overshadow being able to run an atmospheric BOV....

Quick Reply: AWD Motorsports Speed Density Package Pricing!!!