Notices

AWD Motorsports Speed Density Package Pricing!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2009, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We really need to start using emoticons after every post to stop these misunderstandings.

I'm hoping that Mike will go over these issues with their customers before they'll buy this product.

Last edited by BlueDemon; Oct 17, 2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 10:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phenem
Fair enough

However I don't want to burst the bubble here, there are known issues with the SD implementation. Whether some of your customers have not said they are having issues or not something to say it has 0 issues. Many people in the SD thread are having issues with different cars, mostly 8's. Just want you to know that before you go doing it and people need to come back for re-tunes because of issues that still need figured out. It is not really ready for the "retail" type market yet, if that makes sense.

In the v7 thread tephra and I posted up, we clearly state that you must know what you are doing when converting to SD and to read the SD thread on implementation so you understand what is going on. No including in that thread there are people having issues with temperature change and other things. Do what you want but I am just letting you know because I am the one testing this stuff and am experiencing weird things as well.
You are absolutely correct. We have experienced a few minor issues, but so far the benefits have outweighed the minor issues. Customers have been in agreement as well.

I appreciate your help to the community as well with your testing. Hopefully the minor bugs can be worked out.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Just so everyone is on the same page:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ty-vendor.html

Here is the original post:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...y-patches.html

Here is my post v7 with SD implemented:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...hramod-v7.html

Links to issues people are having:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ttle-hang.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...y-problem.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ity-issue.html

Last edited by phenem; Oct 17, 2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 10:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ANSWERS TO ALL 3 OF YOUR LINKS..

1. We dont use the Tephra v7 Maps..

2. You need to read the rest of the thread.. It was Resolved by the OP.

3. This persons issue was resolved by us and had NOTHING to do with the patch.. He had a serious vacuum Leak..

Thanks for your concern..

Mike
Old Oct 17, 2009, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
ANSWERS TO ALL 3 OF YOUR LINKS..

1. We dont use the Tephra v7 Maps..

2. You need to read the rest of the thread.. It was Resolved by the OP.

3. This persons issue was resolved by us and had NOTHING to do with the patch.. He had a serious vacuum Leak..

Thanks for your concern..

Mike
These were just forum links and I am glad you read them.

The issues we are having are within our own testing group trying to resolve the problem before we release the fix. Your right the issue is prob. minor but we don't accept minor issues, only no issues.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 11:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by phenem
These were just forum links and I am glad you read them.

The issues we are having are within our own testing group trying to resolve the problem before we release the fix. Your right the issue is prob. minor but we don't accept minor issues, only no issues.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There is an issue that I have found that wasn't linked to in this thread, that I think everyone should be aware of. It is a jumpy IPW around 1800-2400RPM and 50-80 kpa or so (going off of memory). I will link you to the thread to read, if you want. But, at the very least, people running SD and tuning SD should be aware of it, just in case you experience it as well.

Edit: OK, it starts at post #49 in this thread. The cause has never been found to this point...I may be doing some more testing soon. But, others have experienced this as well. I still think all of the benefits of SD outweigh this one issue that I have found, but you and your customers should be aware of it.

Eric

Last edited by l2r99gst; Oct 17, 2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
There is an issue that I have found that wasn't linked to in this thread, that I think everyone should be aware of. It is a jumpy IPW around 1800-2400RPM and 50-80 kpa or so (going off of memory). I will link you to the thread to read, if you want. But, at the very least, people running SD and tuning SD should be aware of it, just in case you experience it as well.

Edit: OK, it starts at post #49 in this thread. The cause has never been found to this point...I may be doing some more testing soon. But, others have experienced this as well. I still think all of the benefits of SD outweigh this one issue that I have found, but you and your customers should be aware of it.

Eric
Eric,

Thanks for finding it, I thought we posted it somewhere but I couldn't remember, too many things going on.

FWIW I am experiencing the exact same issue as well. So it is not year specific. It's def. in the ROM! So is the the throttle hang......
Old Oct 17, 2009, 09:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by l2r99gst

Eric
Yes Diiirk who is tuning the cars and the customers are aware of that issue.. So far they all are able to deal with that small issue for all the non issues they have now..

Mike
Old Oct 17, 2009, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by diiirk@AwdMotorsports
You are absolutely correct. We have experienced a few minor issues, but so far the benefits have outweighed the minor issues.
So... when it is recommended one do the switch over to Speed Density on our cars?

Aftermarket Turbo Kits (ETS, AMS, Full Race, GT30R/35R40R)????

Stock-Housing Turbo Upgrades (FP Green/Red/Black, BBK Lite/Full/XL)????

100, 105, 110 Leaded, or e85 and turning up the wick on the boost?

Just curious, thanks!

Will
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Mike-

Question for you because I am looking to buy the sensors from you -and since I couldn't have you install it on my car because I am 1000+ miles away... When you guys install the sensors - where do you guys put the GM AIT sensor? Do you put it on the UICP or the IM?

Does it make a difference?

Thank you

-Bink
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by binky
Hey Mike-

Question for you because I am looking to buy the sensors from you -and since I couldn't have you install it on my car because I am 1000+ miles away... When you guys install the sensors - where do you guys put the GM AIT sensor? Do you put it on the UICP or the IM?

Does it make a difference?

Thank you

-Bink

We put the AIT sensor in the UICP.. We have recently switched to having it after the BOV closer to the TB to having it before BOV as we have found the BOV to mess with it a little bit..

Mike
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
We put the AIT sensor in the UICP.. We have recently switched to having it after the BOV closer to the TB to having it before BOV as we have found the BOV to mess with it a little bit..

Mike
Thanks for the info, Mike!

One more question for you...Do you weld a bung into the UICP and then screw the AIT into it? If so - do you / will you include the bung when I order the sensors?

-Bink
Old Feb 4, 2010, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

This almost gives me a reason to come on down to Ft. Lauterdale, but no a/c makes me think again. LOL. I wouldn't be able to come until my "vacation" from Iraq in the summer.....
Old Feb 4, 2010, 10:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by binky
Thanks for the info, Mike!

One more question for you...Do you weld a bung into the UICP and then screw the AIT into it? If so - do you / will you include the bung when I order the sensors?

-Bink
Yes we include the bung.. just specify aluminum or steel..

Mike

Quick Reply: AWD Motorsports Speed Density Package Pricing!!!