Notices
Evo 'For Sale' Suspension / Brakes / Handling Includes pads, rotors, springs, shocks, swaybars, and other handling related components.

Bilstein HDs are IN! Swift and GTWORX Bilstein kits. And coilovers. And pics of Carol

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2011, 04:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
bump

I absolutely love the ride quality of these springs, if anything it rides smoother than stock
Old Jan 31, 2011, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PM sent!
Quick question: I almost scrape when entering/leaving the driveway. I have to go really slowly or go in/out from an angle to avoid scraping. Would the Swifts be too low and damage my car?

Quick Q2: I know there has been a lot of talk around which springs are better to use and I have probably read all the threads on Swift vs GTWorx springs. What I would still like to know is - Swift marketing make their springs look like the best - with less coils, less mass, stronger material etc. Do these benefits even matter, considering the GTWorx springs are like regular springs?

Last edited by shiny1; Jan 31, 2011 at 07:15 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I only bought GTWorx springs because of Carol. Give her a raise.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

I know the Bilstein HDs are in demand but you have them on your website for $749...
Old Feb 1, 2011, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

I am sure it has been asked and answered, but does the AST set come with camber plates or do I need to reuse the stock top hats/order camber plates?

Thank you
Sean
Old Feb 1, 2011, 06:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jjevo1
whats the best price for bilstein Hd with swift r.shipped to 92780 thanks.
The SmikeEvo Bilstein Swift Spec-R kit
Bilstein HD
Swift Spec R Springs
$1139 shipped
Old Feb 1, 2011, 06:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by saxon
bump

I absolutely love the ride quality of these springs, if anything it rides smoother than stock
Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2011, 06:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by shiny1
PM sent!
Quick question: I almost scrape when entering/leaving the driveway. I have to go really slowly or go in/out from an angle to avoid scraping. Would the Swifts be too low and damage my car?

Quick Q2: I know there has been a lot of talk around which springs are better to use and I have probably read all the threads on Swift vs GTWorx springs. What I would still like to know is - Swift marketing make their springs look like the best - with less coils, less mass, stronger material etc. Do these benefits even matter, considering the GTWorx springs are like regular springs?
Quick answer 1: Impossible to tell from here . All I can say is that the Swifts are a little lower than our springs, so you'd be more likely to scrape with them. A lot of people have gone with our springs to avoid scraping on driveways and to clear snow and been very happy with the results.

Quick answer 2: Swift do use great spring material. Eibach makes our springs with the same material used in their coilover springs that are used by top racing teams around the world in touring car, rally, formula, etc. Also very good spring quality. If there is any advantage between the two in terms of quality of the spring steel, it is very slight. These two are at the top of the game (along with Hyperco).

Hope that helps!

- Andrew
Old Feb 1, 2011, 06:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ViscoS2000
I only bought GTWorx springs because of Carol. Give her a raise.
Ha! Noted.

I choose not to pose with suspension parts, I should get a raise.

We may have a monthly or bimonthly video series/newsletter with some tech demos, trying to get her a bit more involved.

- andrew
Old Feb 1, 2011, 06:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SPANKED
I know the Bilstein HDs are in demand but you have them on your website for $749...
That set is for Subaru Legacy GT, they're not currently listed on the site for EVO.

- Andrew
Old Feb 1, 2011, 07:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sspaladin28
I am sure it has been asked and answered, but does the AST set come with camber plates or do I need to reuse the stock top hats/order camber plates?

Thank you
Sean
They do not come with camber plates....add 400 bucks if you would like the Vorshlag plates. They're the best out there.

You can reuse the stock tops. It's a great option for those looking for a more street oriented set-up and don't need more than -2 degrees of camber.

- Andrew
Old Feb 1, 2011, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do you have a pick up price for the whiteline rear sway bar?
I'm next door in Severn. Open Saturdays?

Btw, I got swift springs for my zeal CO from you last year. Is swaping the springs similar to struts spring replacement? thx...

Oh yeah, Hi Carol!
Old Feb 1, 2011, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTWORX.com
They do not come with camber plates....add 400 bucks if you would like the Vorshlag plates. They're the best out there.

You can reuse the stock tops. It's a great option for those looking for a more street oriented set-up and don't need more than -2 degrees of camber.

- Andrew
Thanks boss, but the car is almost strictly for road racing so I need more than 2 degrees.

Now to decide between these with the Vorshlag plates or just go for the Ohlins
Old Feb 2, 2011, 07:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by spyderx
do you have a pick up price for the whiteline rear sway bar?
I'm next door in Severn. Open Saturdays?

Btw, I got swift springs for my zeal CO from you last year. Is swaping the springs similar to struts spring replacement? thx...

Oh yeah, Hi Carol!
Ha, we just moved to Severn. Not open Saturdays though.

Swapping the coilover springs is pretty easy, you do not need a spring compressor since you can just lower the perches and then raise them. Same basic idea, just different hardware.

$179 picked up for the bar, but let us know because we have been drop shipping a bunch since the move and need to get it here.

- Andrew
Old Feb 2, 2011, 07:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sspaladin28
Thanks boss, but the car is almost strictly for road racing so I need more than 2 degrees.

Now to decide between these with the Vorshlag plates or just go for the Ohlins
Gotcha. I've had a lot of people torn between the two lately and people are very happy with what they choose either way. Two very good options. Give us a call if you want me or Myles to go over them with you or send me a PM.

- Andrew

Quick Reply: Bilstein HDs are IN! Swift and GTWORX Bilstein kits. And coilovers. And pics of Carol